Pictures from Iraq

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by breathilizer, Sep 13, 2006.

1. breathilizer

breathilizer Resident Ass-Kisser

These are pictures I took today. Just another day in Baghdad.

[​IMG]
    A family prepares for morning prayers.

[​IMG]
    Traffic keeps its distance from our convoy as the sun rises behind us.

[​IMG]
    Iraqi children pose for a picture in Baghdad.

[​IMG]
    Engineers dispose of debris in a Baghdad neighborhood.

[​IMG]
    Smoke from an explosion miles away fills the sky behind military engineering vehicles.

[​IMG]
    Our convoy heads down an urban neighborhood in Baghdad.

[​IMG]
    Army video journalists document progress in the war torn city.

[​IMG]
    An Iraqi Police truck after being hit with a roadside bomb or RPG.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Those are some pretty sick pictures you took breathlizer. Thanks for showing things we never see on televesion. It's good to see happy things in Iraq instead of people dying from gun shots or bombs. Once again Thank You.

3. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

It's interesting seeing pictures from a soldier rather than the media, the first and third especially. People try to live their normal lives in the chaos, and I think the coverage of the war doesn't try to show that.

Kaz

4. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

cool. My cousin got be an Iraqi passport when he was over there.

5. Those are sicks Pictures. So whatcha doing over in IRAQ? How hot does it get over there? I heard it sometimes got over 120+

6. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Great lighting in that second pic...
    Thanks for these pictures and hopefully you can show us more too... it's not often we can see these things from your point of view, without the media bias and retouching.

7. LeBronIzHot

LeBronIzHot Guest

They are really awsome pictures. It's great to see something that is not shown over the Television. The second one is awsome. Cool Lighting and beautiful view.

How come you are in Iraq?

And also, It's cool that soldiers have internet access

8. breathilizer

I'm in the Army for several reasons.

1. The military pays for college
    2. I want to be a scientific journalist, but my backup plan is to write about current events, and it helps me gain credibility when talking about Iraq. "I was there."
    3. When I enlisted, I believed that war was the necessary course of action to help the Iraqi people, despite the fact that I knew Bush was lying to us. I still believe in helping the less fortunate, but war isn't the way.
    4. It's given me a chance to rethink a lot about myself. It takes me away from the drama of family and friends.
    5. I needed motivation to get in shape. I was a plump 180 when I enlisted, dropped 15 lbs in basic and have dropped 15 lbs in Iraq. I'm a lean, muscular 150 now.
    6. I wanted to build confidence in myself. You never know what you are capable of until you try.
    7. I grew up in an unorthodox military family. Although no one in my immediate family was in the military when I was growing up, my father owned and directed the Vietnam War Museum. I helped him build it and spent a lot of time there, so I knew a lot about military life.
    8. I needed a steady job.
    9. I wanted to counter the lie about there being no atheists in foxholes
    10. I got high one night and saw an Army commercial and thought about how lucky I was to have the freedoms I have, and started feeling guilty about how much I have taken for granted.

www.photobucket.com/albums/f163/jamesstevens10

9. R.Lewis_52

R.Lewis_52 Guest

Remind me again why are U.S. troops still over there, does it have somthing to do with all the oil they have over the. It sure is not because they have a weapons of mass destruction.

10. breathilizer

As far as I can tell, there are a few reasons.

1. War gives an artificial boost to the economy, which makes the President look good.
    2. Giving the no-bid contract to Halliburton made a lot of rich people richer.
    3. Democracy has a tendency (possibly a superficial one) to produce economic robustness, which means people will buy more name-brand (AKA: corporate-owned) products, which will of course make rich people richer.
    4. There's still the chance that we're trying to help the Iraqi people, but I see more of a need for our help on other countries (like in Africa) plus I have heard from many Iraqis that they were content with their lives before our invasion.

There may be others, but I defintely don't buy the terrorism/WMD/democracy-is-the-answer-to-all-of-life's-problems bullshit spewed by the current administration.