• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music Pick Your Battles

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
Round 1 The Beatles vs Elvis

One word answers are acceptable but please if you can explain your choice even if a simple one so that others may know why. Please answer these 3 questions.... 1. What song do you like from Elvis? 2. What song do you like from the Beatles? 3. Who's music do you like better between these 2 artists? Remember it DOES NOT have to be your favorite song.

CjPw79mo.jpg fe15814be6016ab22124eb7899c0412c.jpeg

Impaired

Registered Member
1. Love Me
2. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

I prefer the Beatles. Elvis has a lot of songs that don't do anything for me. Almost everything the Beatles did I like.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
1. Jailhouse Rock
2. Help

I prefer the Beatles - I think overall they just had better songs than Elvin. Both are great and legendary, though.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Round 1 The Beatles vs Elvis

One word answers are acceptable but please if you can explain your choice even if a simple one so that others may know why. Please answer these 3 questions.... 1. What song do you like from Elvis? 2. What song do you like from the Beatles? 3. Who's music do you like better between these 2 artists? Remember it DOES NOT have to be your favorite song.

View attachment 2117 View attachment 2118
Wanted to say that this is a great thread idea.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm glad that you like this..Stayed tuned for more rounds with different topics. Every week I'll put in another battle.
One a week is definitely a good pace for this thread.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
Here are my answers

Elvis- Suspicious Minds
Beatles- Ticket to Ride
Beatles- Because it was a close competetion in choosing they have more variety in their sound.

Impaired

Registered Member
I love me some Elvis and have most of his work in one form or another. The Beatles were a main soundtrack of my youth, I was born in 1960 but my brothers and sisters were 6,7 and 8 years older. I grew up on their music, starting with 50s rock and roll including Elvis but the Beatles just kept flooring me with one great record after the next, changing sounds, changing the world (it seemed to me.)

When I was 9 in 1969 we moved to England. The last rooftop concert was just a few blocks from where we lived at the time, but I had no clue until after. They broke up while I was there and that affected me way more than Elvis' death.

I was in Spain while in the USAF when John Lennon died - walking through the BX (what the Air Force calls the PX) and they announced he was killed over the loudspeaker. That floored me

The Beatles were just a part of my life from birth.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
Thanks for sharing your post and your music roots with the Beatles.. Very interesting indeed.

Well in my case I was born in 1971. I was born further away from Elvis' time then the Beatles. Just like when I was a baby it was more common to hear the Beatles then Elvis. I do like the 50's music probably more then the 60's. I told Maria that it's more likely to sing a Beatle song then Elvis.
Who wants to sing about a Hound Dog, Blue Suede Shoes, or Jailhouse Rock? It makes more sense to sing Come Together, or Let It Be.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
In my case, it's funny because I learned mostly about Beatles songs via a comedy group from my youth who used to a parody of the Beatles (it was all in good taste as they were huge fans of the Beatles) so I can pretty much associate several of the Beatles songs with their parody. Always thought it was a good way for me to learn about them.

Also, a friend of mine shares his birthday with the date of John Lennon's assassination (not the exact year but still) and he turned out to be a big Beatles fan himself. Fate works in a funny way....