Piano lovers i need advice

I'm 17 i've been playing the piano for about a half a year self taught my first song i learned to play was legend of zelda mabe village now i'm starting on different songs but i always leave them half done but i love the piano and i really do wanna learn these songs what can i do to keep me more interested and focused on it

raye_raye

my bologna has a 1st name
why don't you actually take lessons? i took lessons for 3 years. the fact that you are paying for the lesson kinda helps you finish what your doin...

why don't you actually take lessons? i took lessons for 3 years. the fact that you are paying for the lesson kinda helps you finish what your doin...
well i don't have have that kinda of money and there are no teachers around so i self teach myself and so far i learned 1 song but i wanna learn more but i cant get focused enough

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
I really think that if you've even got pieces that you're interested in that you want to learn, it all comes down to patience and will power.

I can sometimes be really bad about that on the bassoon even though I love it, and the same thing goes for the piano in fact. You just have to focus on it and not get distracted.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I really think that if you've even got pieces that you're interested in that you want to learn, it all comes down to patience and will power.

I can sometimes be really bad about that on the bassoon even though I love it, and the same thing goes for the piano in fact. You just have to focus on it and not get distracted.

Envy is right.

Also, set a target for yourself (like finishing to learn a song by x date). Have someone listen to what you did, or record your playing. When I wanted to learn a piece, I slacked knowing no one would know I did but when I promised someone I'd play the piece for them it made me work harder to finish so I can follow through with the promise.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think the biggest thing is finding songs you really want to play. If the songs don't interest you then you're probably not going to stick with them long enough to perfect them.

KZA_GFX

Registered Member
Find a better reason to learn new songs instead of just learning them for the hell of it

You could enter a talent show or some shit like that

KLaZik_BEATz

Registered Member
Learn to play mozarts Requiem For a Dream...probably the most fun thing you can do is show of and this is the perfect song for that...just get all cocky...the crowd loves it