• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Photos of your cooking

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I love food, and because of that I love even looking at food. Tuckers recent American Fish and Chips thread gave me an idea to start another thread where anyone can just post photos of meals they have recently cooked.
Here is some soup I made for myself tonight.

Spinach, Chickpea and Leek Soup.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Can you post the recipe too?

I usually take pictures of my food (whether I cook it or not, lol). Usually when I don't cook it, I take a pic because it's really good and looks good. When I cook it, it doesn't necessarily look good but it tastes good so I take a pic haha. Your soup looks good. I will try to get the ones I've posted on my fb before.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Oh no I was hoping no one would ask for the recipe haha. I got it out of a magazine so I would have to type up the whole recipe from the magazine to the computer. It's okay though if you want it then I will happily type it up, just give me some time.

Also I look forward to seeing some of your dishes. You are right though it doesn't always depend on the looks. Some food can look hideous but still taste amazingly good.

And that soup was delicious (even though I screwed up the recipe about 50 times).

Impact

V.I.P.
That soup looks and sounds pretty good, i'm gonna be a pain in the ass and ask for the recipe.

I like the thread idea though. I do a lot of cooking so if something looks good i'll be sure to take a snappy and post it in here. I'm making a birthday cake tomorrow, so if it turns out okay i'll be sure to post it

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Okay guys I've got the magazine, I'm going to type it up exactly as it is. By the way even though I used this recipe I did the wrong thing about 5 times, so yours may not end up looking like mine. I'm sure it will be nice either way though, it was just a happy accident that mine tasted so good after I stuffed it up.

Leek and Chickpea Soup
Serves 4, Prep and Cook Time: 35 minutes.

Ingredients:

40g butter
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
3 medium (1kg) leeks, chopped finely
1 medium (140g) lemon
1 medium (120g) carrot, grated coarsely
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1.5 litres vegetable stock
400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
100g baby spinach leaves, rinsed, drained
1/2 cup (120g) sour cream or yoghurt, optional

1 Heat the butter, garlic and cumin in a large saucepan over a medium heat until fragrant. Add the leek; cook, stirring, until soft but not coloured.

2 Remove the rind from the lemon with a zester pr by peeling it thinly with with a vegetable peeler; cut rind into long thin strips. Add the ring, carrot and parsley to the pot; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in the stock and the chickpeas. Bring to the boil; simmer, covered for 20 minutes. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

3 Just before serving, stir in the spinach leaves until wilted.

4 Ladle the soup into 4 warmed bowls. Serve with sour cream or yoghurt if desired.

Okay so that's the full recipe as I read it. I didn't follow the measurements or the cooking times at all, I basically just roughly guessed everything. I also didn't use strips of the lemon rind, just the ground up rind. I didn't put salt or pepper in. I used sour cream instead of yoghurt, just a bit added at the end and it was nice.

If any of you do make this soup you should post photos. Even though we all use the same recipe I bet they will look really different.

topgear2

Registered Member
What about the idea if everyone who posted their photos of cooking also tells the procedure of making also...?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I did that for Mother's day. While I was cooking it, I just fancied the colors. It's one of those I didn't plan to do. I was wondering what to cook and mixed "left overs" I saw in my pantry and the fridge. This is a mix of two pastas, mushroom, ground beef, bacon, tomatoes, chili, fresh cream, garlic, parmesan. No specific recipe except, boil the pasta, fry the meat and veggie, and all the rest together. :lol:
------
hmm, is the photo showing up?

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
The photo didn't show up to me at first but it is now. As a non meat-eater that's not exactly my thing, but I'm sure it was amazing. I like how the pasta is different colours.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I love pasta (cooking and eating it). Because it's easy. I don't know how I'm going to survive my lowcarb diet from next week. :lol:

Here's another:

Ingredients: penne pasta, butter, tomato sauce (fresh tomatoes or ready made but still with tomato chunks), garlic, diced bacon, parsley, parmesan cheese.

I suppose you can drop the bacon if you don't like viande.

Pasta boiled. Sauce simmered. Mixed both, top with parsley and parmesan and bake a few minutes to get a gratin feel, even if the cheese is powdered, ha.

Iris

rainbow 11!
This is my Pad Thai that I made last night. It was so yummy. It's just rice noodles with some kind of sauce, then chicken, egg, and bean sprouts.

Attachments