• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Photos of Mercury from orbit

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Wow. That is a remarkable picture, to say the least.

Of all of the planets, Mercury is easily my favorite, so to finally see some pictures from orbit is pretty darn awesome.

You can surely tell what being close to the sun can do to a planet.

giggleandsmiles

Registered Member
That is amazing! Science isn't my usual interest, but when it comes to weird and wonderful things...I'm all over it.

Does anyone think there is other life forms out there??

viLky

ykLiv
The thing that stands out to me the most is that cyclops eye-looking crater on image 12. Reminds me of the crater in Final Fantasy 7. Maybe some random jeweled WEAPONs will be released? ^.~

Neat-o images. I really enjoy this space stuff as well as using our tax dollars to explore and learn more of it.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Sweet! And thanx for the link. :) I've been all over this one. I even have the early maps of Mercury on my computer. Btw, I found this link at another forum I belong to, Astronomy.com. You can click on the red dots and get info about some of the important features on the surface of Mercury! :D
MESSENGER Spacecraft Maps Mercury's Rugged Terrain [Interactive]: Scientific American

That is amazing! Science isn't my usual interest, but when it comes to weird and wonderful things...I'm all over it.

Does anyone think there is other life forms out there??
I def think there are other life forms in space. But space is like massive so it may be a long time before they get discovered.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I love seeing other planets. That massive impact crater is pretty cool. I wish we could get a probe to an exoplanet in our lifetime :(. It sucks to know we'll never see the surface of a planet outside of our solar system in our lifetimes without a major advance in technology.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Amazing pics, thanks for posting them Millz.

The large crater is just insane, I love the view of it from the full zoom-out. It really gives you an impression of its size.

One thing that I really like about the Yahoo news page is that they always make room for interesting news regarding space, animals, etc.