• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

photo size

shelgarr

Registered Member
When embedding attachments into threads, how can I get it to appear bigger. It's enlarged when a person clicks on it, but it would be nice to have it big directly in the thread.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I don't attach pictures. I use the "insert image" icon. You just need to put URL of your image, if it's already online. If it's on your computer, try loading it to free online hosts and they give you the url you need. Personally I use imagilive.com for that and it has an option to resize or not. Another popular image host site is photobucket.
------
PS. Coz I think using "attach pic" auto converts your picture to thumbnails, that's why it is small.

Last edited:

Dabs

Registered Member
When embedding attachments into threads, how can I get it to appear bigger. It's enlarged when a person clicks on it, but it would be nice to have it big directly in the thread.

Hi shelgarr! My pics, of any kind, are always attached thumbnails, until someone clicks on them and they become bigger. Most of my photos tho are from my digital camera, and I insert the chip into my Pc and I keep the photos stored there. So I don't go thru what ysabel mentioned, things like PhotoBucket. I always thought it would be time consuming (but probably isn't) and therefore I have never bothered, I just add pictures as thumbnails. But I'm like you, I would like to have bigger photos, so I might look into what ysabel mentioned.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Thanks for the info. Well at least the enlarge when clicking on the thumbnail. I'm reluctant to do the online storage thingy too. It seems like an added step. I already go through two before I even post here.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The imagilive one, you just use it whenever you want. You don't need to make an account nor create albums. Although you could, if you wanted. I'm just too lazy to do those because all I care about is making my image available for posting when I need it. I'm not looking for an organised storage of my pics online (I have that on fb already). You can choose how much time you want your image available on their server (but unless you have an album, you can only retrieve said image using the link they give you - if you lose that then there's no way to look for the pic on their website).