Which do you use more?

• Phone

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • PC

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Now with Phones quickly taking over alot of things that the PC used to do, such as emailing, messaging, web surfing, watching videos and so on, do you find yourself doing everything on your phone thus using it more than your PC? Or do you still use your PC for everyday things. To be honest, it's become so much easier using the phone for basically everything, that the only time I ever use my laptop is if I just want to watch things on a bigger screen, and even than theirs HDMI as an option. What say you guys?

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
I hate the phones. If anyone thinks that these phones are more advanced than home pc and laptops they better think again. Marketers just want to make more money so it doesn't mean it's a better idea. On the phone you can use it as a phone to talk, take pictures, and you can text to your friends, even leave messages on FB.

Sounds like you're ahead of the game right? Yeah because you think you're on Star Trek with one of those intercom phones. I have a friend that is a computer expert. He told me that phones that shouldn't replace pc or laptops. The phones are a convenience but pc's and laptops are your central computers. Here are the advantages that pc's and laptops have over the phones.
1. Pc and laptops have bigger monitors for better vision on the phones you have tunnelvision (tunnelvision means that you can't see as much on left and right)
2. The keyboard for pc and laptops are like the original typewriters. Now your hands can type more quick and efficently. Can you type 45 to 75 words a minute on a phone? Probably not.
3. Home pc and laptops have more protection. The pc have software programs that protects you from hackers and such. Phones don't have that much protection and that's why there are more reports about hackers and phones.
4. You can do more tasks at the same time on pc's and laptops than on phones. For example you can talk on a landline phone, check your files on your pc while talking, make a comment on a chat program and even do a search. I bet you can't with phones all at one time.

Last you see is the idea from Bill Gates Microsoft and phones were the idea Steve Jobs from Apple. Which of these 2 are smarter?
Bill Gates by far. In fact Apple has asked Bill Gates for help. So Bill Gates gives Apple new ideas. And this is probably because Apple being an American company is in competition with Asain companies.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I still use my pc. Cell's don't work well in my area so I don't have one anymore but I imagine I will one of these days. Can't imagine watching something on that little screen even if I do.

Shooting_Palanx

I hate the phones. If anyone thinks that these phones are more advanced than home pc and laptops they better think again. Marketers just want to make more money so it doesn't mean it's a better idea. On the phone you can use it as a phone to talk, take pictures, and you can text to your friends, even leave messages on FB.

Sounds like you're ahead of the game right? Yeah because you think you're on Star Trek with one of those intercom phones. I have a friend that is a computer expert. He told me that phones that shouldn't replace pc or laptops. The phones are a convenience but pc's and laptops are your central computers. Here are the advantages that pc's and laptops have over the phones.
1. Pc and laptops have bigger monitors for better vision on the phones you have tunnelvision (tunnelvision means that you can't see as much on left and right)
2. The keyboard for pc and laptops are like the original typewriters. Now your hands can type more quick and efficently. Can you type 45 to 75 words a minute on a phone? Probably not.
3. Home pc and laptops have more protection. The pc have software programs that protects you from hackers and such. Phones don't have that much protection and that's why there are more reports about hackers and phones.
4. You can do more tasks at the same time on pc's and laptops than on phones. For example you can talk on a landline phone, check your files on your pc while talking, make a comment on a chat program and even do a search. I bet you can't with phones all at one time.

Last you see is the idea from Bill Gates Microsoft and phones were the idea Steve Jobs from Apple. Which of these 2 are smarter?
Bill Gates by far. In fact Apple has asked Bill Gates for help. So Bill Gates gives Apple new ideas. And this is probably because Apple being an American company is in competition with Asain companies.
You can pretty do all those things on the phone regardless, what it ultimately comes down to is preference. Some people just love the feel of a computer and for sure I am the same as well, as we speak I use my pc to go on forums because they're just not mobile friendly yet. I don't remember the last time I used facebook on a computer because the apps just make everything simpler and easier to use. Protection on phones have never been an issue unless you have an apple icloud, android phones there isn't much to hack. Screens I agree, but even getting a big screen monitor with HD components can fix that screen issue right there.

Not saying there's anything wrong with using the pc, I still use it to this day for things such as forums and when I get bored of my phone. That's just my take on it though. I use my phone more, but I still use my pc.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
Hey Shooting _Palanx I like your answer. You're usage of both phone and pc is very balanced. The problem with a lot of people I know is they gave up on the pc and think the phone replaced them. Those who used to write good letters to me was once a full e-mail and now with the phone it's down to a few sentences. When people text sometimes they use codes and all and spelling wrong that it's not understandable. You try to get people to check their e-mail box and they just don't. All they want to do is text to their friends small messages and as many people as they can. On FB it's even worse because people just give likes and no comments at all.
That's why I like forum like these. Because when you start a thread they will give a full response and you can see better who they are. And I think that some of these hackers get away because they tcan text messages and get a little better connection to who are with private info. Here at Pop Malt like you said that it's better to use pc's. After all we're more like friends having conversations then just acquaintances making small talk.

Shooting_Palanx

Totally understand you on that, you sound very much like an old school person if you don't mind me saying that. It's just the way generations have gone. Sometimes a quick message is all that is needed with one and another and I find it convenient, but I guess it would depend on how you use it. I admit to being that guy that text messages quick messages and the only time I ever use email is communicating work wise. Contacting friends and what not, very sporadic messages either through social media or just a quick text. I guess it really is a generational thing when it comes right down to it.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
I understand what you mean. It's often times that an older person would rather use a pc. In my case that's not the case. I have trouble with my vision. But I understand technology because my friend tells me about it. I used a speech program on my pc that is called Jaws. It's pretty good but a person that can see doesn't need it. Some people that I grew up with stop talking to me when then learned of my vision loss and not being able to keep up with phones. There's no speech program to understand text. However it looks like they are texting on FB or else speaking the same language.

So I was wondering what does your user name mean?

Shooting_Palanx

I was very much anti phone all throughout high school till I finally decided to get one and than everything just changed regarding how convenient everything became. Your situation makes sense however given the trouble with vision and what not. Don't worry bud you'll always friends here and hopefully out there also.

My username is from an anime called Crush Gear Turbo, but i misspelt it and instead of Shooting_Phalanx I wrote Shooting_Palanx lol

Impaired

Registered Member
I have never liked phones. I don't really enjoy talking on them - I prefer human interaction.

My phone is a tool to allow me to do a few things in situations where a computer is not available. These are rare. In the car, out in the wilderness - but half the time, you have no signal in the wild anyway. My phone's GPS was telling the wife and I to turn left into the Grand Canyon - lack of signal.

I only use phone email when I have no other choice and since almost any mail can be web mail, I prefer a computer with a large screen.

Watching video or movies, shows is horrible on the phone. Surfing the web too. A couple of games.

The one outstanding use of my phone is music. I keep my old phones and use them as extra music devices and can copy specific music to them for events, parties - trips. I use my current phone for music often.