• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Phoenix

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Of those three, I liked the first one and the third one. The middle one had too much distortion. It causes the melody to mash and clash with the rhythm and bass. Some people like that, but I'm a melody man, so I like songs with a more distinct and obvious melody. The other two are more to my liking. I may download the albums myself and check out the rest of them. I like the lyrics, thats for sure. imaginative and original.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Also, I googled and the third song was on Lost in Translation and Shallow Hal. I remember it from Shallow Hal.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
They actually came and played at our school last week I think. I didn't go though :-/ Heard they were great.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Really? Why didn't you go? I hadn't really heard much about it. Lisztomania has been playing on the radio a lot here lately, so I checked out some other songs. I've actually liked 1901 for awhile. Just hadn't had time to check out their other songs yet.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I didn't hear about it til maybe half an hour before the show actually started. I don't think I could've gotten tickets to go either at such short notice.

Square

If I Ever Feel Better is an older song. It really got me into then. It's very different, but very likable. 1901 is also one of my favorites.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I made a thread about these a while ago but it totally bombed. I love Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, I don't think there's a song on there I don't like. These guys were also one of my highlights of Reading Festival this year.