Philly signs Jeff Garcia; AJ Feely to Carolina

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Millz, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Put these together...

Interesting decision to get Garcia...like I said, Kolb sucks. I think that's a good move for Philly as long as Garcia knows he's just covering for McNabb.

Feeley made the right choice going to Carolina I thought. He'll play there...Delhomme sucks.

2. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

Jeff Garcia is probably the best move the Eagles could have done. He's a very solid spot starter and he typically makes the most of his appearances. I think he'll fit well there.

Feely as well was a great move. Delhomme has been pitiful, I feel bad for the guy, but one more start similar to this weeks and he'd be gone IMO.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Definitely a good pick up, he already knows most of the system so it won't be hard to fit in if his name is called right away. With that being said I dont think he'll remain with the team for a long period of time.

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I wouldnt have minded getting Feeley back but he does have a better shot and being #1 with the Panthers. In our Sports section front page they had Delhomme under a mound of Eagles guys bigger than all get out and I had to laugh :)

5. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I am having déjà vu. So, McNabb will go down with an injury (you know it will happen, the guy is made of glass), Garcia will come in and outplay him and get them into the playoffs and then be canned at the end of the year?

6. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

& have not said this in awhile but...
    NOT.

#5. Mcnabb will return in the regular season as his injury is not season ending. Mcnabb is the starter. He just got a contract extension, if he can play he will.

Vick. This move also confirms my prediction of them using Vick as a specialty and not as a starter...yet...

Garcia. Solid pick up. Better than aj & Kolb combined. #5 > than all 3.

AJ. Eagles somehow always hook this guy up. PIck him up when he can't get a job. In this case knocked out a back up for the season to land him a job. Better than Delhome...mmm....suspect. Jake also just signed an extension.

Eagles. How many teams can say they have 3 starting QBs on the roster. They say if you have more than 1 QB you don't have one at ll but my hope is that this season will prove that to be false. At any rate, based on the situations Reid has shown me isn't thrown by drama as he clearly welcomes it. Always respect stones like that, no fear ftw.

7. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Good signing by Philly. Garcia is still able to come in and play solid while McNabb heals and Vick gets ready to be more of a permanent backup. Plus he's a former Eagle and knows the offense.

8. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Not this one, but if he has shown us anything in the past, this won't be the last injury this season or the worst.