• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Phillips Canned

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I knew that this would eventually happen, even though Jones said he wouldn't do it during the regular season. It's about time that this bum got the axe, surprised that it took so long. I doubt he'll ever be a head coach in the NFL ever again, probably go back has a defensive coordinator.

Konshentz

Konshentz
It's about time. The guy is just awful. The Cowboys are arguably the worst team in the league, which makes no sense, considering the level of talent on that team - I think more heads should roll. I hope I never have to see wade Phillips' face again. Haha.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
The problems go way, WAY past Phillips. I'm surprised the turned the team over to Garrett, who is just as responsible on the coaching part as Phillips. I know Garrett is the guy they tabbed to be next behind Phillips, but he has been horrendous this year. I thought they would give Dave Campo another shot, at least in the interim. His fire might be what the team needs to turn around.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree Garrett has shown to suck as bad as Phillips but he's just the interim coach. I'm surprised this took so long as well. In watching the Cowboys you see a team that has quit on their coach which to some extent is his fault, but at the same time these are "professionals" and if paying them millions of dollars isn't enough incentive to bust their ass play after play then cuts need to be made as well. The culture in Dallas is off right now, and some players need to be held accountable as well.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I think it's better to get Garrett in there for now because he has some knowledge of the system but I doubt it's going to matter. It's time for a new style, imo. Whatever's happening now isn't working.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have no issues of putting Garrett has the interim coach of this team. I believe he can change things around, and I truly believe he should become the full-time coach after the season is done. Garrett as a good football mind, as a Cowboys fan I have confidence in him. This team as been a disaster this season, and I think Phillips is mostly to blame.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Romo should go too! Haha. I guess that's just wishful thinking on my part.
I agree, and Wade getting canned is no surprise. I saw that coming a mile away. Homo Romo is overrated.

P.S.

Please don't call the Cowboys the Cowgirls anymore. It is degrading women.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I think the cowboys need a no nonsense and mean head coach. (I think) maybe someone like mike shanahan or bill belichick. They need someone to whip them into shape.

They're just like kids who always have that potential but are always distracted and do things half-heartedly.