Phillipine "Long Lizard" is a new Species

Discussion in 'Offbeat News' started by icegoat63, Apr 7, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I always love stories like this. Gives a slight grasp on the fact that even though we know alot... we still dont know it all. Finding new species is an awesome sign of that. Especially when its a 6 foot long Land Lizard :hah:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

So another species of monitor lizard roams this Earth, only this one isn't hungry for flesh. Funny, I first scrolled to the picture and thought it was a velociraptor from the Jurassic Park movies.

Huh, you learn something new every day.

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

That is really cool, when I saw it I thought it was velociraptor from Jurrasic Park too, Mic.

Wicked claws on that thing.

4. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

God, I'd love to know how many uncategorized species of creatures live in the sea. Now that would be something to behold...

5. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

I'm telling my dad about this one right now, and hes telling me a true story. Now, while my dad lived in aristocratic Manilla, his grandfather lived in a hut outside a village (its where Apocalypse Now was filmed). And, he would ocassionally go and see him their. Well, he had a giant preserved lizard that he said he shot while hunting. It was looted when he died, unfortunately.

6. nicolenicky

nicolenicky Registered Member

what thats super interesting... its a lil crazy looking but cool none the less

7. madona10

madona10 Registered Member

But how many years this species will survive?