Phillies

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I know it's still early, but by adding Roy Halladay do you think the Philadelphia Phillies are the favorites to win the World Series in 2010?

The Phillies won the World Series two years ago, and made it to the WS again this year, they have a good batting line up and starting rotation, got even better with the addition of Doc Halladay. Their solid defensively.

Halladay is an incredible pitcher, if healthy he'll win over 20 games next year by playing with a stack line up like Philadelphia, then he's pitching in an easier division and league. So he'll be even better in my opinion.

Thoughts?

2. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I dunno - they lost Lee and gained Halladay. An upgrade, but I don't think it's THAT big. Besides, the Yanks picked up Granderson, and Boston's picked up Lackey and Cameron.

3. Babe_Ruth

Call me a Lee hater, but in my opinion Halladay is much better than Lee, I know if you put the numbers side by side in recent years it's pretty close. But you have to remember that Halladay as played in the hardest division in Baseball, he's barely had any run support in recent years. Personally I think you guys will finally see how good Halladay is because he'll play on a great team, and he'll get more coverage then he did in Toronto, Canada

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Eh, I wouldn't call them the favorites. They gave up their star pitcher, Cliff Lee, who proved he's a big game pitcher who can pitch awesome in the clutch. Roy Halladay has never pitched in a playoff game and you could say he's never pitched in a high profile game either.

He's used to playing in Toronto..trust it'll be tougher in Philly. We'll see.

5. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I think Halladay will be helped by not pitching in the AL East, but there will probably be at least a short adjustment period.

6. Babe_Ruth

The only thing that I'm concerned about Halladay is batting, other then that he'll be fine.

I agree with you that Halladay has never pitched in a high profile game, but to be honest with you I think that's only going to bring out the best out of him.

Also Lee couldn't pitch on three days rest and that killed Philadelphia, Doc can.