• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Philip Seymour Hoffman dead

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Wow, very sad indeed. I liked him a lot as well, such a versatile actor. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

dDave

V.I.P.
There is nobody that can play his types of characters the same way. Hollywood just lost some major talent.

I've seen him in Charlie Wilson's War, Mission Impossible 3, Patch Adams, and Moneyball. I am also going to be seeing him in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire as well as Parts 1 & 2 of Mockingjay. The movies will undoubtedly feel different knowing that he's dead.

Taliesin

Registered Member
The guy was a huge talent. This is such a terrible waste. :(

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
It's really a shame the way he died. Wish he could have been helped before it came to this.

I wonder if he got some of that bad heroin that hit the east coast recently.

Lethal batches of ‘bad heroin’ hit East Coast the same week Philip Seymour Hoffman died | The Raw Story
Is there such a thing as good heroin? Obviously he was having troubles if he was using heroin at all, which comes as a surprise to me. I just wish he had gotten help before it was too late. :(

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I'm completely shocked by this news. What a tragic ending for a talented actor. I liked him in a lot of his films as well.

Dave, are they done shooting Hunger Games Mockingjay already? It's always a little bit creepy to watch someones performance knowing they are gone.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is there such a thing as good heroin? Obviously he was having troubles if he was using heroin at all, which comes as a surprise to me. I just wish he had gotten help before it was too late. :(
No there is no such thing as good heroin obviously. I don't think anyone would say there was or that is what I implied. However he was probably use to using stuff that wasn't as strong which caused him to OD.

dDave

V.I.P.
I had no idea he had a drug problem. He was a super talented guy. Hollywood definitely took a hit.
We usually don't know about people having drug problems until they overdose (lots of people are smart about hiding it). I think the lucky ones are the guys that get arrested for it and sent to rehab, at least they're not dead.

I'm completely shocked by this news. What a tragic ending for a talented actor. I liked him in a lot of his films as well.

Dave, are they done shooting Hunger Games Mockingjay already? It's always a little bit creepy to watch someones performance knowing they are gone.
They said that they had just 7 days left of shooting with him. I think we're going to see some slight script modification and maybe even see a stand in wearing a mask of his face just so people don't ask questions about where his character suddenly went (I'd be surprised if this stand in had any lines though). With such a small amount of filming left to do I do not believe we're going to see his character be replaced and refilmed with another actor.