• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Philip Seymour Hoffman dead at 46

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Shocking news: “@PzFeed: BREAKING NEWS: Philip Seymour Hoffman's found dead. He had a syringe still in his arm and bags believed to contain heroin were found.”

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Older stories say he had a drug problem in his youth, got clean 23 years ago and it lasted until 2012, when prescription painkillers became addictive and he then found heroin

TCtheMovie

I haven't seen much of his work. I enjoyed what I did see. From what I saw, he was talented. He could do dramatic and comedic roles well. Along Came Polly wasn't great, but he really stole the show. The scene where they're playing basketball is hilarious. It's sad, drug addiction is no joke.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Amazing actor, didn't read about his addiction problems until now. From what I've read, he was clean for 23 years until recently as Bizzy noted. So sad, and shows how much of a grip Heroin or other opiates have on people. One of my best friends that I grew up with (I'm 31 now) passed away due to heroin in 2011. Stuff like this always hits home.

Dedman

Registered Member
I woke up to this news this morning. Beyond sad. Philip Seymour Hoffman was one of my all-time favorite actors. He would completely disappear in his role and he made co-star look good by association.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I was shocked when I heard the news. Even though things like these happen everyday, it's still shocking when the news breaks. I was never his biggest fan but I did enjoy his work on occasion. RIP

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Apparently, 70 empty bags were found at his place. Cops tracking the dealer.

Misha Mayhem

Registered Member
Mockingjay Pt. 1 is in post-production, but he was also supposed to be in Mockingjay Pt. 2. I wonder what they're going to do with that. Either way, it's sad that he's gone. We were JUST talking about him, on SNARCast, the other week, as we saw him in Catching Fire, and were talking about that. We kept yelling, "THE EXTREME!" when he was on the screen, when we saw the movie, because of when he was Dusty, in Twister.