• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Philadelphia mayor shuts down city, Eagles/Vikings game postponed

BigBob

Registered Member
City of Philadelphia officials, worried about fans getting to and from South Philadelphia in blizzard conditions, have raised serious concerns about playing Sunday night's Eagles-Vikings game as weather forecasters continue to predict anywhere from eight to 14 inches of snow.
It's a little premature. I know Pennsylvania as a whole is suppose to get a lot, but it hasn't even started to snow in Philly yet, not even a flurry. It kind of pisses me off, this is the 2nd time in 3 weeks a Vikings game has been postponed.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't like seeing games get postponed due to weather unless there's lightning or a hurricane or something. A big snow storm is a pussy reason to postpone a football game. Snow games are awesome and the fans love them.

BigBob

Registered Member
Well next year, the Vikings are going to be playing all of their home games at the University of Minnesota so we'll get to watch them play outside. Thankfully we'll have a cold weather in McNabb at the helm so we shouldn't be too bad. We have a better line then the Redskins, even if it's not that much better.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Well next year, the Vikings are going to be playing all of their home games at the University of Minnesota so we'll get to watch them play outside.
The Metrodome won't be available at all next season?

Penn. Governor on the game being moved: "It goes against everything that football is all about." and "My biggest beef is that this is part of what's happened in this country," Rendell said. "I think we've become wussies." I agree 100% with him that the game shouldn't be moved. I don't know about the nation being "wusses" but I think that the NFL is going the way of the pussy.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think he's right. The country is generally going that direction, but football especially. Domes and retractable roof stadiums seem to be all the rage. Gotta keep those rich people who pay hundreds of dollars for their tickets comfortable. The stadium at the Bears/Vikings game last week was only like three-quarters full despite the stadium being smaller than the Metrodome. You'd think the people there would love seeing an outdoor game, but apparently not.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Football in the snow is fun to watch, and it's part of the great history of the sport. I'm in agreement that they shouldn't of moved the game to today, it's the first game on a Tuesday in the last sixty years.

Favre has been rules out of this game, he failed a concussion test.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
As a guy who has Vick and McCoy on his fantasy team I approve the moving of the game so snow doesn't hinder their progress.

But seriously (even though I was serious before) it was a dumb reason to move the game. Its football...come on.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Rendell's comments about the Chinese was hilarious.

If this was in China do you think the Chinese would have called off the game? People would have been marching down to the stadium, they would have walked and they would have been doing calculus on the way down.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've been wondering what kinds of ratings this game is going to get with no other football on and how high profile the fallout has been.