Phase 10 or Skip-Bo?

Discussion in 'Cards & Board Games' started by Konshentz, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Do you play either of these? Do you like either of these? Which one is better?

I personally love Phase 10, easily the best non-poker card game out there. I usually get my ass kicked by Jasz, but I still keep coming back for more. Ha.

Skip-Bo is fun, but I think it takes waaaay too long and that is saying something, considering Phase 10 can break an hour or hour and a half. It gets frustrating once you get your deck cleared out and have to deal with the cards in your hand and the discard piles.

I choose Phase 10 by a mile.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I used to play Skip-Bo, like 10 years ago. I don't even remember exactly how to play anymore. :lol:

Never played Phase 10. I love those types of card games though. Quiddler is pretty fun where you're trying to make words.

3. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Never played Phase 10, but I love Skip Bo. I usually kicked the crap out of my family playing that, when I was growing up.

4. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

I've had some really good times with Phase 10. I forgot all about the game until you mentioned it.

Going to pick up a deck because I miss the game.

5. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

I prefer phase 10 and when I used to play it, each player decided which phase they were going for as we stopped going in order and I made up quite a few new phases too.

6. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I had no idea what either of these were so I googled them. Sounds the same as Uno? If so, i've played a couple times, but I don't find the game challenging so don't really enjoy it.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Phase 10 isn't like Uno and Skip-Bo is only slightly like it.

Phase 10 can be really challenging, Skip-Bo is ususally just annoying near the end. Ha.

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Is there a good place where you can play Phase 10 online? I would like to know more about it.