Phallus Rock yanked off AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by mom_of_sixoxo, May 1, 2005.

1. mom_of_sixoxo

mom_of_sixoxo Registered Member

i originally put this in the high profile auction forum & it got moved to community help desk because it was no longer active, but i'm really hoping for some suggestions from you 'experts' and since the meeting room is for "ideas" etc. i hope to find y'all here... ty for any help!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now what??? I am so NOT gonna list this in "Adult" category... Is there any other decent auction site to go to out there? Or should i try it as a "Mystery" auction - with no pictures, or??
    It had over 1,900 hits the last time i saw it before it was pulled...and that was all in less than 48 hours, -so who knows what it might've got to...
    HELP! Ideas/Advice, anyone? I'm at my wit's end here... I just don't get how a natural stone can be X-Rated! It is a ROCK for god's sake...

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well, it's obviously more than a ROCK if you are trying to sell it for more than a rock. Your description clearly states what it looks like, and this is also your big selling point behind it. It doesn't surprise me at all the eBay pulled it. I don't know of any other auction sites that would allow it either unfortunately. Good luck with it though.

3. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

maybe if you only showed half of it in the picture and didn't describe it with so much detail....try looking at ebay auctions for "natural male enhancement"...see what kind of wording they use, could be helpful

tell about asian cluture and their "chin-chin" festivals...try to avoid any "sexual" terms

you could just say that the rock has given you a lot of luck in getting pregnant and leave it at that....i think the word fertility is ok with ebay not sure

i agree that it isn't an adult item...but remember that if its not it the adult catigory kids can see it, so pretend like its an auction you are going to have to show to pre-schoolers

hope that was of some help...good luck

4. mom_of_sixoxo

hi andrew! you did see this when it was on, didn't you? it is only a rock, a natural rock. how can a rock be MORE than a rock? ok well, if it was carved or altered, i guess - but this is not. (and there are tons of man-made penises on ebay, but they are not getting the traffic, so they're ok, is all i can guess) of course it looks like what it does, but how does that make it fit the category of "mature audience"?? the criteria that ebay uses (per the notice they sent me) lists the following:
    *Items that depict frontal nudity
    *Images or representation of intercourse or other sexual activity involving humans or human-like creatures (such as in Anime or Hentai)
    *Anything which requires the person purchasing the item to be 18 years of age or older
    *Any materials where the sole purpose is to arouse or titillate the senses in a sexual manner
    *Any items which are designed for sexual use (such as vibrators or bondage gear)
    Then they add (quoted): "Some examples of what we do not permit within the general categories would be "Girls Gone Wild" style videos, Anime (Japanese animation) with adult subject material, most bondage related items, adult toys, and most adult magazines. Nudist magazines are also prohibited. We do make some allowances for certain collectible adult magazines."
    Honestly, do you see how a rock can qualify for any of these?? I know -should i dress it in a little raincoat? lol

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  5. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Oh now that would be too funny! (Look it's rain proof too. Perhaps glow in the dark and it will light your path.....a great garden perk)! :D (ummm btw interesting choice of wording in the title of this thread :lol:) OK I'd better shut up now or Andrew or one of the Mods will put me in the adult catagory. I agree.....I looked at your auction and did not see anything in it that would qualify for the "adult" catagory......except the rock itself looking like what it...well looks like.

Just a thought.....if you didn't mention what it looks like and just sell it as a fertility thingy would that fly with them? Or maybe it's the pic itself? Then again without the pic you'd lose your bidders. So what eBay is saying is you can't list it except for the adult catagory? I guess if that is the case you may be stuck listing it there? Do you have anything else to sell that you could kinda (without really saying much) direct people to it? I'm totally out of ideas and starting to babble so I'll really shut up now :D

6. mom_of_sixoxo

hi venus! i must've been answering andrew's post while you were writing this one ;) Oh - you should see some of the things i found! i am still surprised at why my rock is forbidden when there is so much blatantly sexual things out there in many different categories... anyway, yes, i was wondering what if i left in the description, but took out the pics? could email them to anyone who asked... "fertility" has to be ok i'm sure, but the 2nd time, i did take out the word "penis" but then after seeing tens of dozens of auctions using it, decided that it had to be ok... i think that is the only "sexual" word i used? What if i also took out the gods & goddesses info? (That was from an educational website by the way) That's a good idea to assume that kids will see it i think. Sorry--i don't understand what you mean about asian culture? or what chin-chin festivals are, can you explain? ty

7. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

i might be wrong to put this here if i am im sorry mods but mom of sixoxo go look at this item and read it see where its listed maybe it will give you a idea on yours 5577841777

8. mom_of_sixoxo

Right--it would be "dressed" -not nude... And yes, i am guilty of a few subtle innuendos in the description (like my title here) that ebay perhaps did not find humorous after all... :lol:
    boy, i wish i knew what would appease them... you'd think if i took out the pics, --but then there are tons of stone, crystal, etc. penises that are apparently acceptable... and right, who would look if no pics... or leave the pics and censor the heck out of the story? i do know that you can't mention another auction in a listing, as they recently cracked down on keyword spamming (like in the last 6 mos.) and that was one of the things. i really truly refuse to list it in the perv category - i will not do it. but i do appreciate your ideas, -so please babble on! lol. I know! i'll sell it to the howard stern show or some shmuck like that, as the infamous rock banned by ebay or something :lol:

9. mom_of_sixoxo

hiya doubles! that IS the same category i was in... her story sounds mostly gibberish to me but, i don't see why she isn't showing any pics? unless afraid to be zapped like mine was? hmmm...still wondering who the lowlife is that complained-probably same one both times. :hmph:

10. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

I dont doubt that i know years ago i had some that would report everything i listed bu once they start its hard to get them to stop but they will i wish you all the luck