PGA Championship 2010

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The PGA Championship is this week, will Tiger able to shake up his terrible performance from last weekend.

Tiger is working with a Canadian swinging coach Sean Foley. He's not a full time coach, but Tiger as asked him for a few advices.

Should be interesting to see if he'll be able to make the cut, only the top 125 make it pass the second round.

Mickelson was battling some athritis supposedly, but he said he's fine now.

Should be a good tournament to say the least.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I didn't realize this was at Whistling Straits until a few days ago. I wish I had known sooner, it would have been fun to go to. It's only a couple hours from here and it looks like an amazing course.

I will be shocked if Tiger is in contention. It's just so hard to turn things around in one week. He was terrible last week.

3. Babe_Ruth

That's a shame Echoes, I agree it's a terrific Golf course, and it would be an experience to witness.

I doubt that Tiger will be in contention either, but it's good to see him getting advice for his swing.

For some reason I believe Angel Cabrera and K.J Choi will battling for the Championship. I'm hopeful that Garcia will be in contention as well, since I always found him entertaining.

Do you have any predictions Ech?

4. Major

Golf is impossible to predict because it all just depends on who is playing their best golf that particular week. I'm going to say Ernie Els will win his first PGA Championship and fourth major overall. Seems like he always plays well on this type of course. My dark horse is Anthony Kim. I don't know if he'll win, but he's a fun player to watch and he could be in contention.

5. Babe_Ruth

I was thinking Ernie Els as well, but it seems that he's had problems putting in four good rounds lately. When he's on his game, he's one of the best players in the World. I would not be surprised if he ended up winning the PGA Chamionship.

I'm interested to see the conditions of the course. I wonder what the weather will be like.

6. Babe_Ruth

Tiger is off to a great start at the PGA Championship by making birdie on three of his first four holes to take a share of the lead.

Martin Kaymer and Stuart Appleby are tied with Woods for the lead.

He's looked really good thus far, he's driving the ball well, and seems to be on his game early on.

7. Major

My man Ernie Els is tied for the lead at -4 after today. His round was suspended due to darkness though. Mickelson is still out on the course as well at -1. Tiger finished at -1.

They said there's probably going to be another fog delay tomorrow morning. Course looks beautiful though. Lake Michigan is awesome.

8. Babe_Ruth

Els look top notched yesterday. It's a shame that his round got suspended since that might ruin his momentum.

None the less it was a very entertaining first round of the PGA Championship, and I agree the course was just fantastic. I wouldn't playing a few holes there.

9. Major

This has been kind of a boring PGA Championship. The top of the leaderboard is full of several guys I've never heard of, and the others are just meh.

Mickelson is -6 today, but only -7 for the tournament and six strokes back.

Nick Watney has a three shot lead and is about to tee off.

10. Babe_Ruth

While the rules chairman justified the call according to the rules, and Johnson clearly forfeited his chance for the championship as a result, the pigheadedness of the host club officials and the PGA to establish such a ruling regarding the extent of hazards on that course is inexcusable, especially after the Appleby incident years ago. The lack of identification of the hazard or even identifiable features and poor maintenance in a crowd permitted area renders the rule itself a compromise of the game's spirit and surely the intent of rules in general. The PGA needs to 'level the playing field', literally!