• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PGA 2011 Golf Thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Golf isn't really active here, so instead of creating threads for different tournaments I decided to create a thread for the 2011 season. Here you can discuss players, tournament and everything involving the season.

Tiger Woods will be making his debut this Thursday. I saw his press conference and he does look more relax. He's supposedly been practicing non-stop since the end of last year. I believe he'll have a better year, and he'll win at least one Major.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I like years like last year when Tiger isn't really on the scene. Golf is more enjoyable for me when it isn't focused all around one guy all the time.

I don't really have any predictions. I'm sure Tiger will have a better year than last year. I look for Lee Westwood to continue building upon his success and #1 ranking. I think he'll win his first major (correct me if he's won a major already).

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Westwood is a good golfer, he's never won a Major but he's finished second several times. He'll have to be on his game all year if he doesn't want to lose his number one ranking.

One of the biggest issues that came up this season is should viewers be allowed to call in rules violations. I'm interested to know what your thoughts are on the question in hand Echoes since you were a pretty avid golfer in your day and you know most of the rules, if not all of them.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I think it is every golfer's responsibility to know, understand, and play by the rules. If it's determined, either by a rules official or called in by a viewer, that he did something incorrectly, then I think the golfer should be penalized. I hate disqualifications for signing an incorrect scorecard though. Just give them two penalty strokes or something. I don't even understand why they still make professional golfers keep their own score.

Dragon

V.I.P.
I hope that Tiger Woods have a better season this year than last year. I was surprised to see John Daly doing well the first day at the Farmers open and then he started to drop. Phil Mickelson did pretty well today and will see if continues to play well tomorrow and win the farmers open.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Tiger just isn't the best golfer in the world anymore. He'll never be as good as he was from '99-02, or even after that. I see him as a top 5 player now. He'll still win some tournaments and some majors, but not nearly as often.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do believe that Tiger can find his form again and be dominant once again. I do believe that he'll regain his number one ranking in due time. But I do agree that he'll never go back to his 99-02 dominance.

shelgarr

Registered Member
I'm not into golf at all! Sorry. I think watching golf is even worse. Sorry! But for those that follow it and appreciate it, I thought I would share this picture. I took it during a low tide walk I did with a group on sunday. It was cold blustery and even rainy day. We were facing south toward the Torrey Pines cliff area from the Torrey Pines State Park down by the ocean. You can see the blimp too. Of course it's necessary to click on it so you can see the zoomed version.

05 blimp of golf.jpg

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Tiger was eliminated by Thomas Bjorn in the first round of the Match Play Championship. Kind of a shocker.

Zenheizer

needs practice
If Kobe Bryant can teach Tiger Woods anything it is this: America loves winning. I believe Tiger will win this year, and America will accept him and forgive him.

Kobe had that whole rape allegation, what did he do? He won two championships. America has forgotten about it (for the most part). Look at Michael Vick, what did he do with the Eagles? He won---and as long as you win in America, that's all that matters.

The accenture championships is this week! And btw, I worked for the BMW Championship in Lemont, IL last September, I was like 3 inches away from Tiger. We (the game of golf) needs him back to his top form!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Sports 8
Babe_Ruth Sports 27
Babe_Ruth Sports 11
Millz Sports 23
Hendrixfan Sports 2