• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pets poll (have to post answer in thread)

invisible

If you went to a rescue and had to adopt one cat, which of the following options would you choose? You can only choose one ..........

A) Kitten - under a year

B) Adult - 1 to 7 years

C) Senior - 8 to 13 years

D) Geriatric - Above 14 years

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'd choose a kitten, because they're easier to bond with. You can bond with a dog of pretty much any age, but once a cat gets past a certain age, you never know whether they'll actually bond with you.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'd go with a kitten or young adult. I wouldn't want an animal that could already be set in its ways. I'd rather have them grow into the family rather than become just another pet.

EarthGirl

Registered Member
I'd go for the kitten too. I like them little floofs when they are little and huggable. ^_^

And besides, I attach to them easier if I raise them from when they are little.

invisible

I'd go with geriatric because they (and the seniors) are the ones that are always overlooked. Them and black cats.

shelgarr

Registered Member
An adult. It would be a good fit in our house.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I love all ages of cats. I'm such a cat person. I would pick an adult cat, because simply kittens get adopted very easily. You can still bond with an adult cat, it just usually involves giving them food.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I'm not much of a cat person, although I do like them, and I have never owned cats so it is a bit difficult for me to answer this. However, I would most likely go with an adult cat. I don't know if it is similar to dogs, but when you get a dog that is over the age of 6 months potty training and behavioral issues tend to be easier to change. Based off of that, I would hope training them to use a litter box would be easier. However, since cats are in such over population, any age would be wonderful to adopt as sadly the rate which they are put down in kill shelters is alarmingly high.

At the same time, I would also be apt to adopt a senior or a geriatric based solely on the fact that people like the fluffy, cute kittens that will hopefully have a long life ahead of them rather than adopting an animal who may, or may not, be a part of the family for many years. Although, heart breaking to only have an animal for a few years, I would adopt an older animal since it is less likely to leave the shelter as is.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Doc Pets 7
Doc Pets 4
MissMe Pets 5
IrishLass2247 Pets 1
MissMe Pets 6