Petrino Bolts Falcons for Arkansas

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Vegito728, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Rest of the story: Petrino Bolts Falcons for Arkansas - AOL Sports

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Probably a good move for Petrino. He's more of a college coach. Big pick up for the Hogs.

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Falcons are a sinking ship, I'll bet he's glad he got a life boat.

There's a few coaches that aren't going to have jobs next year... maybe they can take Brian Billick away from the Ravens? I can be hopeful, right?

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Sorry but I believe that this guy is a wuss, resigning of a team that he commited during the off-season. Sorry he knew what he got into when he signed the contract, he knew it would be rough times, and now he quits on his team and this organization, sorry but I don't agree with that. I have a different opinion when a played demands a trade, but when it comes to a coach who does type of stuff, I don't agree with.

5. Major

I don't agree with it either, but he'll definitely have more success at the college level, which is why I said it was a good move for him. He should have never bolted for the NFL in the first place, but I guess he couldn't turn down a $24 million contract.

6. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 FREE FC!

what a HUGE coward...call me old fashioned, but you should definitely finish what you start, especially being a head coach in the NFL. If the Falcons were in playoff position this year, I'm sure he'd stay for the good times...100% CLASSLESS MOVE.

7. CMK_Eagle

CMK_Eagle Registered Member

In his Monday Morning Quarterback column this week, Peter King mentioned that the Falcons denied Petrino permission to speak to Arkansas a couple days before he took the job. No wonder Blank has been so pissed over this.

8. neum985

neum985 I pwn noobs

I think this was smart for him. He didnt do it properly granted, but this is a story where a guy went for happiness not for the money. Its not often you see that so i love that he did it.

9. Major

How do you feel about Rich Rodriguez leaving West Virginia then? Leaving his alma mater for more money/prestige.