Peter Forsberg

F

Forbidden

How much do you think it will hurt the Flyers not having Forsberg the first half of the season? Do you think they will still be solid playoff contenders if they lose their best center? I think that they have some other good players but without Forsberg they will have a tougher time.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When healthy Forsberg is the best in the league. Of course it will hurt them a lot, he made a career year out of Simon Gagne, but the thing about the Flyers is they can't perform in the playoffs, they just don't have the heart I guess.

F

Forbidden

Yeah, it's actually good that they won't have Forsberg then because us Pens will have a better chance to make the playoffs muahahha

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
The Penguins need all the help they can get.

I don't really think Forsberg is really that big a factor, as Philadelphia has not been able to win big in the playoffs, even when they had the Lindros-Leclair combination.

F

Forbidden

Yeah, we did have a bad year last year, but we actually did much better after the Olympic break than the first part of the season. I think that if Malkin comes over next year, we get a good 2nd round draft pick player, and we get some decent free agents, and put them together with Crosby, we might actually be able to make the playoffs next year. And also hopefully our veterans are able to step up such as LeClair and Gonchar. This is wishful thinking of course, I don't want to be the 2nd worst team in the NHL again next year.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
They need to bring back Johan Hedberg, that guy was great <D.

Pittsburgh is going to leapfrog a lot of teams either this year or the next, as they simply have too many great draft picks and the salary cap makes it hard for teams ahead of them to improve dramatically.

F

Forbidden

I really hope we improve, these last 2 seasons have been terrible. I'm just glad that we were able to add some toughness to our roster this year with Eric Cairns and Andre Roy, hopefully we'll get some skilled players that can lead us to a good season next year, and our regular players are able to improve.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Well, it may take a few years for Crosby and recent and future draft picks to develop, but when they do Pittsburgh will easily be one of the best teams in the league.

Mostly they need solid defense that can help get the puck to Crosby and other forwards, along with speed.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah, if you get good defense then Fleury will be amazing, he's already a very good goaltender but he can't stop 50 shots every game, he basically averages 46 saves a game. Also Crosby is pretty much developed already, and now if Malkin supposely the Russian Mario Lemieux comes next year then they'll have a great team.