Pete Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you think Pete Rose belongs in the Hall of Fame? I know he bet on baseball, but I think he does belong in the Hall of Fame, he leads the Major Leagues in career hits with 4236 hits I believe which is just remarkable, I don't think anyone is going to reach that mark. Also he did admit he bet on baseball so give the man a break and let him enter the Hall of Fame.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
If they judged everyone in the hall of fame on their character and decisions they've made, there'd be a bit of empty space in that building. The Hall of Fame is about what happened on the field, not around it.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I couldn't say it better myself my friend. They reward the players on their accomplishements on the field, and Pete Rose did a lot for the game, and he's one of the best whoever played the game, and I truly believe he should be inducted.

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
I agree with you both. The man epitomized hustle and effort in the game of baseball during his career. His biggest obstacle in ever getting into the Hall of Fame is the late Fay Vincent. Vincent made it clear that it was out of the question for Rose to ever enter the HOF. Now, the spotswriters of his era are honoring that directive.
I think that the day will come when he'll eventually get the votes he needs, but it won't be anytime soon.

Hoosier

W

wbbfan

As a player, pete rose was a shoe in for the HOF. As a maneger, banned. thus I think he should be inducted as a player, but should not be a part of the ceremony or aloowed into the HOF. As his bann should stand for life. He should get the bust and plaque, but the plaque should state that as a maneged he was banned from baseball for gambling on his team.

But This isn't a big HOF issue for baseball. Shoe-less Joe Jackson was wrongfully
accused and never charged (un-like the accusers) of fixing baseball. He hit over
.400 in the WS with a homer. No way he ditched, he should easily be in the HOF and not banned as a part of the 1919 black sox.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Mr Joe Jackson is a tottaly different issue the Pete Rose, with the numbers he put I really doubt that he did fix baseball, and he was wrongfully accused and I do believe he's innocent, also I agree he should be in the Hall of Fame.

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
The problem Jackson ran into was he admitted he had prior knowledge that the fix was in, and said nothing about it. Therefore, he was condemned as being guilty by association.

Hoosier

G

GoPhillies23

Pete Rose definitely belongs in the HOF. The man was one of the greatest ball players ever and he was the missing link for the Phillies to achieve victory in the 1980 World Series.

A

air jordan

nobody can ever reach that many hits i mean maybe Derek Jeter or Alex Rodriguez
so to my opinoin i really think Pete Rose should be in the hall of fame he like almost created baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.