• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PETA Does Something Right

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
The title of this thread should tell you that I'm well within the majority opinion on the organization in question. Nevertheless, they recently offered a $1 million prize to anyone who figures out a way to grow meat in labs. As with just about anything that spurns scientific research, I'm well enthused and happy about this. What about you?

Slate - Tastes Like Chicken

viLky

ykLiv
It sounds a bit weird and odd. I like eating meat from a freshly pastored cow and not something cooked up in a lab. Maybe I just need to get used to the idea...

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I hear some pretty bad things about this organization, but surely anything which helps animals is a good thing, right?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Chaos, they spread a lot of disinformation. Like the campaing that said Febreeze was harmful and/or fatal to pets - that was just their way of trying to make Procter & Gamble look bad. P&G is bad, they won't stop testing on animals, however PETA just made themselves look bad by lying.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
FEBREEZE IS HARMFUL TO ANIMALS?!?! :lol:

I see.

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
Wow, if they do manage to do this, and it actually becomes popular, what happens to all the farmers that are currently raising the animals for us to eat, and the farmers that are raising the grains for those animals to eat, and the people that build and supply the tools, etc and so forth. I don't see it as being good for the economy.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
actually the grains that currently are used to feed the animals could then feed people.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
So vegetarians can now eat meat?

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Probably not lol