Pet Ditchers

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Mirage, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Does anybody else think there should be a serious fine for just ditching a pet out in the cold?

I came across this description on the pet adoption site PetFinder.com:

Adopt a Boston Terrier: Charlemagne: Petfinder

:zomg:

The owners should be ashamed of themselves. Seriously they just kicked the dog out of their house and didn't even try to find a new home for him. He had some ear swelling when he was found too due to being outside in the cold.

:( :mad:

2. myGUNgoesPewPew

myGUNgoesPewPew Registered Member

this is so sad, this should have a fine or be illegal!

3. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I hate when people do that. The least they can do is find a different home for them or even lie to the pound and say they found a stray dog. I think it's meaner to toss out a pet into the street than to give it to the pound to dispose of (as sad as that is)

4. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

That's despicable and I have always condoned that whatever humans do to animals should be done to them but nobody will go for it in legislation.

5. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

I watch stuff like Animal Cops in Animal Planet and it just sickens me how people treat their companions and then use the 'we can't afford the bills for it' excuse; what's the harm in taking it to a shelter and just explaining that you can't afford anymore? You'd get into a lot less trouble if you do that, especially if you do it before any illness becomes too serious.

People who neglet animals should be shot.

RATTIE likes this.
  6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Is it easy to find out the owners of a ditched pet?

7. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I definitely think so, actually I think there is. Animal cops are my heroes. :nod:

8. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

My cats both have chips put in them from the humane society. I wish all pets had this so we could line up at the door of the idiots who do this to animals.

9. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

Depends if the animal is chipped, otherwise it isn't.

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

The biggest problem with any pet-related incident is that people have different views of animal rights. Some see them as inferior and at the mercy of our will, while others tend to view them more as we view our own children. Personally, I could never imagine getting rid of an animal I had unless it took a serious turn for the worse (such as attacking another person in the house).

So yeah, the problem is that some people are taught that animals are just that while others are taught to treat them like family.