Personalized License Plates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by icegoat63, Jul 15, 2008.

?

Personalized Plates?

1. Good

83.3%
  2. Bad

16.7%
  1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I personally love seeing them on the road. In California its an extra 25 or so bucks to have them, to me its worth it. I actually have one myself!

However I have seen some that have made me want to reach out and punch the owner of that vehicle at the next Red Light. Usually its the ones that make absolutely no sense. They are obviously custom due to the lack of actual Numbers but yet still manage to mean absolutely nothing to me.

What is the verdict here? Personalized Plates good or bad?

2. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

I like them if they're tasteful but i saw one on a Suberu that meant 'Japanese made, Paki driven' i was rather disgusted by it-it's true but nothing to brag about.

Blueyes likes this.
  3. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

They're pretty rad, but in a state like California getting something relevant and/or clever is downright impossible. The ones that I've been able to get that are unique aren't particularly likable ones.

4. Obsessiforge

Obsessiforge - Diderot Reborn -

how did they fit all that in 7 digits?

JP MD PK D

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I personally enjoy them especially the funny ones. If I had the money I would get my nickname as my license plate.

But I have to agree with you that some don't make sense, and others just annoy me.

For an example when I went to Toronto this weekend, there was this guy behind us and he was beeping at us for no reason, he wanted to go to the gas station one minute away but we couldn't move ourselves because of the traffic. After we finally moved he went to the gas station and I took a peak at his license plate and it said Richman24, it just made me laugh, because the guy is a total loser for putting that. I wanted to punch him in the face as well. For beeping at us for no reason and for having that idiotic license plate.

6. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I have had one for over 10 years. I love them personally and they are distinct in the plate themselves so they don't look like others. Some of them are rather stupid though in the naming of them but it's not my car so I can't complain.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

We're not allowed personalised plates here.
    ------
    But I voted good...I like seeing them over there.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I like them. Used to have one but don't currently.

I like seeing funny ones when I am out driving.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I've had mine for as long as I've had my truck, so just over 2 years now.

[​IMG]

Blueyes likes this.
  10. Van

Van Heavy Weapons Guy V.I.P.

They're cool. Don't really have any particular need to get one though. Maybe if I was a millionaire...
    ------
    I noticed "4" is used a lot in these plates.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
    Blueyes likes this.