Personal Stuff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EllyDicious, Jun 26, 2009.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I have friends of mine who check through my personal stuff like mobile messages, wallet, bags and things like that.
    i also have friends' partners who check in their mob. messages or even facebook messages or email messages or messenger contacts.

how normal is that to you?
    has it ever happened to you?

personally, in both cases i find it as a lack of respect and privacy and can't put up with this. if your partner wants to cheat on you and made up his/her mind about this, he/she will find a way or another and not necessarily having you going through his/her personal stuff.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I also have a friend who looks through people's bags if she gets bored on a night out or whatever. I don't really care since I don't exactly carry dead bodies around with me or anything, but it's still kind of annoying. If anyone looked though emails/messages/text or anything similar, then that would be much more unacceptable. I need privacy!

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

My purse, yeah. But never my phone, emails, facebook inbox, or anything like that. That is going to far for my tastes.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I can't even remember if ANY of my friends did that and I don't do it either, so I guess saying it's not normal would be fair. I mean, why?

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Some people are just very controlling, I guess..

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, those people are not friends. They're called assholes and there's a lot of them out there in the world. Like you say Elid, it's a lack of respect and privacy and those are traits of enemies, not friends.

7. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Well, my friends do it to find something entertaining. Like to see if my iPod is in there or maybe some other device used for entertainment, like my DS.

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Nobody I know or keep close to me does that that I am aware of. And I dont do it back. Its rude, invading their privacy and honestly I'd be pissed if I found out about it.

And its not 'cause I have anything to hide, its actually quite the opposite. I dont have a single thing to hide, and it sort of offends me to see someone digging through my shit trying to find something. The way its always been with me is, if you want something; ask. I'm open to all suggestions, comments, or any helping hand I can give. I'd loan the shirt off my back to a friend if they'd just ask. But if they were snooping through my closet looking for a shirt in their size... oh man we're gonna have some structural reorganization of our friendship thats for damn sure.

9. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

not only that.
    i think they're ignorants as well. being controlling and being an ignorant are 2 different things.

like ice said, it's not that i've got something to hide but you must ask for my permission about things that belong to my privacy.

10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Doesn't matter, that's your stuff. I know what you mean about having that lower sense of privacy with friends, I'm not criticizing friendship. But they should still ask before they start rifling through something of yours. Say one day you have something in there (nothing illegal or creepy) but just something you'd rather people not see and one friend just plucks it out of there because they know you won't care. It could be pretty embarrassing or worse if they do that.

I mean, Italiano for example is my best friend (in real life, not online). We've known each other almost 15 years, since we were in grade school. Yet, the dude is polite enough that no matter what, he'll always ask if he can grab something out of the fridge or grab a snack. I commend him for that, not a lot of people hold onto those kinds of manners. He knows he's more than welcome to have something to drink or eat, but he always asks. I guess it's just my upbringing why I never understood how people just let anyone go through their stuff without permission.