• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Percocet Dosage after Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypnoticmeg

Registered Member
I just had surgery yesterday to correct a bunion on my right foot. I was prescribed 5-325mg Oxycodone/APAP (substitution for Percocet). The dosage states 1 pill per 6 hour period.

I took one last night at 10pm before bed despite having no pain yet as told to by the nurse (the pain would start when the anesthesia wears off about 6 hrs after surgery). I then awoke at 2am with pain so I took another since my friend who was just out of surgery takes the same mg once every 4 hrs and thats how long it had been. I then awoke again with excruciating pain at 4:30am and waited as long as I could since I couldn't fall back asleep with that kind of pain and finally took another pill around 5:30am. Ended up falling asleep and awoke at 10am with the same horrible pain so took one more.

I'm not sure how much is too much and I have called the doctor but was an off hours emergency contact line that just takes your info and says a nurse/doctor will call you back, yet no one has yet. Therefore I'm just trying to get an idea from anyone who might have been through this or is a pharmacist or doctor that might have some insight on how much is too much. Too sum it up since 10pm last night I have taken 4 pills in 12 hours.

Thanks for any info anyone might have...Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.