People who own chimps rethink choice of pet after woman was mauled

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Wade8813, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

People who own chimps rethink choice of pet - USATODAY.com

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

No surprises there. It still amazes me that people actually think chimps would make a good pet.

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I have no clue as to why people would want chimps as pets. Sure they look cute on TV but they are little monsters, almost any primate is not a good idea as a pet. My older brother found out the hard way.

He had a capuchin monkey and that thing was evil, not to mention the whole house smelled like rotten bananas and the evil little thing liked to destroy everything in it's path and bit people all the time and was a vicious little shit.

There is no way in hell I would ever have a primate as a pet. Hell my pet Boa is safer than a primate.

4. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I was just surprised by how much that lady got messed up.

5. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

Exotic pets aren't meant to be cooped up or feel comfortable around humans. This chimp probably got nervous and reacted the only way it knew how.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

If Nash didn't want to sue, can her relatives really sue the chimp owner?

The incident was an eye opener. I'm glad people are making calls. It's probably the better option for the owner and the animal.

7. Megsy

Megsy Registered Member

Well thank god for that. I can't believe people actually think it's a good idea to own chimps or monkeys as pets. They are wild animals. Some people just don't seem to understand that.

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Is it really a smart idea to own an animal that shares most of its DNA with a human being and has the strength to manhandle a grown man as well? Is this really all that surprising?