• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

People Magazine Names Woman Of The Year

Dabs

Registered Member
Sandra Bullock!
I could not agree more.
I think she whole heartedly deserves this honor, with all the ups and downs she has encountered thru this past year...and she has managed everything with grace and dignity~
Kudos to Sandra and People magazine :)

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
That's great for her! She deserved it by showing strength through all that she went through this year. Highs AND lows.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
She married a drug and party addict... what else did she, or anyone expect to happen?

I think she is a very good actress, but woman of the year? That should go to one who does great things for her country, humanity etc etc... not a good actress...

Dabs

Registered Member
She married a drug and party addict... what else did she, or anyone expect to happen?

I think she is a very good actress, but woman of the year? That should go to one who does great things for her country, humanity etc etc... not a good actress...

You obviously don't know much about Sandra Bullock.
Just because she married a party addict doesn't mean she should automatically be knocked down.....that's his fucking problem, not hers.
Besides, she got rid of his ass pretty damn quick!
She has done some great humanitarian work..she was very much a part of helping those after the Katrina devastation.
She won the award and accepted on national television, only to have a few months later find out her husband was cheating on her.
But she filed for divorce and she adopted a beautiful little baby boy from Louisiana, whom she named Louie, and she is raising him herself.
Right off the top of my head, I can't think of every organization she is a part of, but she isn't a tight wad with her earnings, she contributes a lot....and being named Woman Of The Year just isn't about how well of an actress/actor a person is...it's also about their display to the public....how well they handle life's battles, the good and the ugly.
She's a remarkable lady....a great actress, a great humanitarian, a great Mother I'm sure...and someone who can be classy all the way, without having to stoop to low-life levels.
She has managed to come thru this year with flying colors, and she is very well liked.
I like her a lot, can't you tell?? :)

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
You obviously don't know much about Sandra Bullock.
Just because she married a party addict doesn't mean she should automatically be knocked down.....that's his fucking problem, not hers.
I know the basics of her, born in Germany, moved to America, became actress... etc etc... I know she is amazing actress and am sure like most famous actors/actress' gives much to charity events (as I am sure any good manager would advise).

I am sure when she first meets Jesse James, to see his lifestyle, habits and the type of person he is, then accepts all of this in marriage... I am pretty sure this makes it her problem as well.

Besides, she got rid of his ass pretty damn quick!
if 4-5 years is quick... okay.

She has done some great humanitarian work..she was very much a part of helping those after the Katrina devastation.
This is relevant to 2010, why?

She won the award and accepted on national television, only to have a few months later find out her husband was cheating on her.
But she filed for divorce and she adopted a beautiful little baby boy from Louisiana, whom she named Louie, and she is raising him herself.
This to me seems the only reason she would now receive this new award... and is done all over the world by less famous people.

To be truthful of this, there are more deserving, selfless women all over the world who would find this recognition much more satisfying then one who has selves full of awards and unlimited money to spend... even in America's own military, the women fighting for the freedoms we all should be honored to have.

I do not mean to say Sandra is not a gracious person, I believe she is, I only say there are more deserving women I believe.

Dabs

Registered Member
I am sure when she first meets Jesse James, to see his lifestyle, habits and the type of person he is, then accepts all of this in marriage... I am pretty sure this makes it her problem as well.

if 4-5 years is quick... okay.

Come again??
They married...and she only found out about his screwing around on her in March of 2010....she filed for divorce in April of 2010....where the heck did you come up with 4 to 5 years??
She wasted no time in dumping his ass..she filed very soon after his affair was made public.
When I said she was quick in getting rid of his ass, I meant she was thru with him when she found out about his affair!
Not that her divorce should have any bearing on whether she deserves Woman Of The Year or not.....but I don't understand why you say 4 to 5 years.
She never knew he was a cheater till the latter part of their marriage.
No matter.....People magazine made a great choice.....and if I had the chance to vote, she would have been my vote...and she's on the front cover of this week's People magazine.....good enough for me buy it :)
------
This is relevant to 2010, why?
Regarding the Katrina situation...because the terrible crappus is still taking place.
That part of our country is still in need of funds and aid, and she has been lending a helping hand as well as her money~
------
I do not mean to say Sandra is not a gracious person, I believe she is, I only say there are more deserving women I believe.

Name me a few, and why you think they deserve this award.

Last edited:

Dabs

Registered Member
Really? Her?

People still give a shit about her in 2010? I haven't thought about her since Speed. Haha.

Did you not see the movie The Blindside??
She won the award for that, best actress....awesome movie!

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
What was meant by 4-5 years is, there are many accounts of Jesse having affairs on Bullock, this last one was different only because this Michelle McGee went public with it in attempt to have 15 minute of fame...

If you like I can post a few articles from recent years of all this... but is easily found. So yes, she knew of this for 4-5 years of their 6 year relationship.

I gave example of women defending our freedoms... to name one? I do not know any, but I am sure there are more deserving women.

And what you said is sadly true, People Magazine WILL sell more issues with Sandra painted all over it than a more deserving less known woman.

Last edited: