• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

People are Boring?

Inspector1000

Registered Member
I have noticed many people have a limited (and boring) set of interests: talking about sex, sports and drinking/smoking.

I have had many disagreements at my various workplaces whereby I explain that such topics are BORING and are for people with limited intellect. When I have tried to talk about the solar system, the various canine breeds and debates on pure bred vs mongrel, movies and it's many genres or computer games all I get is blank expressions or sometimes arguments even.

This is pathetic and a travesty if there ever was one. I have never had a friend because all the people I come across whether it has been at school, college or the workplace have been boring pea-brains who have mind-numbing interests that I just can't appreciate. It is pitiful when I think about it.

Dabs

Registered Member
You have to find the people who have the same interests as you. It's the truth tho, a lot of people like to talk about sex and sports and drinking, those are probably the most high rated topics. But there are people who will enjoy having a conversation about dogs, the breeds they have or they like! Movies is another good topic, I'm surprised you said not many you speak to, are interested in that. But the solar system, yeah well buddy, I'd be bored with that one myself.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
It is pitiful when I think about it.
It's pitiful when you don't find someone who shares the same interests as you.

You find boring people who talk abou sex/sport/drinking all the time, others find you boring when you talk about the solar system all the time.

It's all about lacking variety in topics to talk about and finding the common points in your interests and hobbies.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Some are boring yes! Good thing we have others to choose from. Most everyone I know has some 3-5 main interests, and some of mine overlap with theirs and some don't. If they go on and on about interest, like my sister and her soccer, or my friend Roxie and her horses, I get bored.

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
I have noticed many people have a limited (and boring) set of interests: talking about sex, sports and drinking/smoking.
By, "many people," you'll have to define your scope--many people out of how many, and where?

I have had many disagreements at my various workplaces whereby I explain that such topics are BORING and are for people with limited intellect. When I have tried to talk about the solar system, the various canine breeds and debates on pure bred vs mongrel, movies and it's many genres or computer games all I get is blank expressions or sometimes arguments even.
Where do you work? You do realize that stimulation often varies among differing people due to both innate and environmentally-affected perspectives? Perhaps you have an inferiority complex that leads to a need to overcompensate by justifying your interests as more interesting than others'. In such a case, would you find psychology--particularly psychotherapy--an interesting discussion? Perhaps at least one that is germane?

This is pathetic and a travesty if there ever was one. I have never had a friend because all the people I come across whether it has been at school, college or the workplace have been boring pea-brains who have mind-numbing interests that I just can't appreciate. It is pitiful when I think about it.
Logically, your sheer brilliance would have facilitated your successful attainment of friends with whom you could share many interesting topics of both debate and discussion. That's sincerely not meant to be snide--it's meant to point out a flaw in this logic.
------
There are approximately 6.775 billion people in the world. You clearly have access to internet. Really, man--no one?

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.

That's funny, I just spent an entire afternoon with a coworker discussing the various canine breeds, it was stimulating conversation.:shifteyes:

I find it hard to believe you can't find anyone who doesn't have the same interests as you.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I know it can be irritating to work in a place where people do not share the same interests are you, I am in the same sort of situation in my work place and that is what it is, a work place. I go there to work and get paid not to form social relationships, it might sound harsh but it is true.

Just out of interest where do you work and what do you do? I think you need to branch out more, if you don't find the conversation stimulating enough then don't focus on it in work and just work and just for the record, just because they don't wish to talk about what you want to does not make them boring, it makes them them, you might find it pitiful but I see it as human.

Inspector1000

Registered Member
You find boring people who talk abou sex/sport/drinking all the time, others find you boring when you talk about the solar system all the time.
That's because they're idiots lol and don't appreciate topics outside their pea-brains.
------
That's funny, I just spent an entire afternoon with a coworker discussing the various canine breeds, it was stimulating conversation.:shifteyes:
Yeah right, pull the other one!
I find it hard to believe you can't find anyone who doesn't have the same interests as you.
It's true, because in my experience most people tend to conform and have boring, uninspiring interests. Those that don't (like me) are often shunned and that is shameful!
------
Just out of interest where do you work and what do you do?
At the moment I'm just doing office work/running errands etc.

Last edited:

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Get over yourself. You don't have friends because you're abrasive and insulting, and not because other people are stupid. You can strike up conversations about all the things you listed, but I'm willing to bet dimes to dollars that if someone doesn't agree with you or want to talk about the same particular facet of whatever subject you want to discuss as you do; you insult them, give them the cold shoulder, or otherwise just completely lose interest in them. The problem isn't with people wanting to talk about dumb shit, where you want to talk about more intellectual topics (like, I guess, computer games?); but rather with you being totally unwilling to try and engage someone civilly, take interest in them, or anything outside of your narrow purview of preexisting interests.

Inspector1000

Registered Member
Get over yourself. You don't have friends because you're abrasive and insulting, and not because other people are stupid. You can strike up conversations about all the things you listed, but I'm willing to bet dimes to dollars that if someone doesn't agree with you or want to talk about the same particular facet of whatever subject you want to discuss as you do; you insult them, give them the cold shoulder, or otherwise just completely lose interest in them. The problem isn't with people wanting to talk about dumb shit, where you want to talk about more intellectual topics (like, I guess, computer games?); but rather with you being totally unwilling to try and engage someone civilly, take interest in them, or anything outside of your narrow purview of preexisting interests.
Hogwash! You are clearly jealous you don't have the capacity to discuss my kind of topics. I haven't heard any decent comments from you yet. I have started some interesting threads here and so far am appalled at the contributions so far (only a small few seem polite/interesting). I hope the quality of comments improves as what you have just posted is appalling.