Pentagon - "Nothing will change" in Iraq

Wade8813

Registered Member
Opinion | 'Withdrawing' from the Iraq war doesn't mean it's over | Seattle Times Newspaper

Just beyond pundits' soaring paeans and President Obama's history-referencing declaration of victory, the Pentagon admits "nothing will change." That isn't a paraphrase — it's a direct quote from the Army's chief spokesman in Iraq. It came just before a Colorado Springs Gazette dispatch quoted another military official saying "our mission has not changed." The article then went on to point out that "current and scheduled deployments will resume as planned," as 50,000 soldiers remain stationed in Iraq.
This sounds like Bush's "Mission Accomplished" fiasco.

Although I'll admit - I thought I'd read about the last brigade being pulled out, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
Opinion | 'Withdrawing' from the Iraq war doesn't mean it's over | Seattle Times Newspaper

This sounds like Bush's "Mission Accomplished" fiasco.

Although I'll admit - I thought I'd read about the last brigade being pulled out, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on.

No nothing has changed in Iraq, Only a day ago I think American soldiers fought a battle in Baghdad killing 12 0r 13 insurgents? The media makes much of how "Obama brings home all American troops!" But the truth is and will remain that at least 50,000 American troops still occupy Iraq. The Media is only trying to gain votes for Obama's party in the coming elections in the USA.