Pens staying in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Forbidden, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

The final group that wanted to move the Penguins somewhere else dropped out of the bidding, so they are staying here. I guess Bettman held up his threat of charging a 50 million fee if the Pens got moved, and the Canadians didn't want that.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The penguins are in trouble financially and maybe a move to a canadian city would help them a lot, but I guess it's out of the question now. The thing they need badly it's a new building, there team is going to be good in a few years the excitement will come back for sure. They just need to get rid of that piece of shit building, but it's always easier then said.

3. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

If they moved I would be pissed though cause I would have to cheer for the Flyers or Columbus lol, plus it's so convienient cause I live like 20 minutes away from the current arena, so I can cheer them on.

4. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

the problem with the Penguins and a new building is that they don't deserve one. they've had horrible seasons as of late and are in financial issues because their fans aren't attending due to that poor record. once they prove that they can keep their fan base then they can discuss a new arena.

5. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

Uhh... Mellon Arena has been sold out a lot for home games this season, there was an amazing fanbase despite the losing record... so I don't know what you mean by that.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yea Turbo it's not because they don't support their team, they just can't afford a new arena it's only because they won't help them pay for a new arena. Like I said with all the young studs they have right now: Crosby, Malkin, Stall, Fleury, Malone, Whitney and Ouelette to name a few the penguins will be an exciting team to watch.

7. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

All signs right now are pointing to the Hartford group is going to buy the Pens, hopefully they decide to keep them here (and not move them to Hartford).

8. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

Fingold signed the letter of intent for the Pens today, and says that he intends to keep them here and not move them to Kansas City (WTF), so hopefully he holds up to that and we do stay.