Pens owned the Flyers on opening night :)

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Forbidden, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

4-0... Marc Andre Fluery did amazing stopping 40+ shots. Ruutu also did amazing in his first regular season game as a Pen with 1 Goal, 1 Assist, and countless blocked shots on our amazing penalty killing.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

They played really well, but you have to remember that it's only the first game of the season, and there's over 70 games left, but I won't take anything away from them especially Fleury because he did save over 40 shots, hopefully he'll continue.

Also Crosby had two points.

3. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

flyers are gonna be hungry tonight against the rangers. will it help or hurt them? i say hurt. as for crosby; one word - OVERRATED.

4. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

Yeah... youngest player to score 100 points.. he is so overrated

5. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

they were on assists not goals....the better youngsters are ovechkin and prucha. ovechkin won the award not baby crosby.

6. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

I think Ovechkin is better too, that doesn't make Crosby overrated though. I saw some of his moves at the game yesterday, even if he couldn't transfer them into points he really made some great plays.

7. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

he's got good ability but he isn't deserving of the hype he got. i hope he grew up since last year cause he whined and complained a lot last season.

8. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

I didn't see this before, there is no way that Prucha is better than Crosby sorry....

9. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

prucha put up great numbers last season and had he not gotten injured he would have been a contender for rookie of the year. he's already getting goin this year. crosby is only getting all the hype because without him the Pens wouldn't even be on any teams radar. sry, but all i hear about them is crosby.

10. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

I don't think anyone thinks Prucha is better than Crosby outside of New York >_> and even like half of them would probably agree that Crosby is better