• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pennsylvania shooting leaves 4 dead

BigBob

Registered Member
Oh, hey.

I live in Altoona, Pennsylvania.

I was at work whenever I seen all the cop cars flying by a little after 9am this morning. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more here with all the drug dealers.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Oh, hey.

I live in Altoona, Pennsylvania.

I was at work whenever I seen all the cop cars flying by a little after 9am this morning. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more here with all the drug dealers.
To be honest I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often here because of all the drug dealers. But hey, maybe if we hung more "Gun Free Zone" signs everywhere they will stop?

This is a sad situation and I'm glad the troopers that were shot are expected to survive.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
We have had people do this here. Drive down the road shooting at road signs or barns. I was in our barn one time when it happened and I called the Sheriffs dept but they never caught them. Its usually younger people that are bored. They should rethink what they do for recreation.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Whoever opined that more guns would solve shootings?
Interesting note: the shooting and murder continued until.......

guess what....

Wait for it....

THAT'S RIGHT...MORE GUNS ARRIVED!

Everyone before the more guns arrived is dead.

Too bad those dead people didn't have guns, maybe they would have had a chance.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Interesting note: the shooting and murder continued until.......

guess what....

Wait for it....

THAT'S RIGHT...MORE GUNS ARRIVED!

Everyone before the more guns arrived is dead.

Too bad those dead people didn't have guns, maybe they would have had a chance.
VERY good point, and I agree. I think though the point that was trying to be made was mocking those who believe in the right to own means we think more guns would mean less incidents, and actually that's true. Texas has lower violent crime than New York. But as a gun owner I really don't care if people want to own a gun or not. If you want to not arm yourself, knock yourself out. Just don't try taking away my gun solely because some nutjob misused his.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
That shooter was basically a chicken shit that picked on those that wasn't armed. If there had been a armed guard at that school I don't think he would of tried it. Gun free zone means to some I can run over the top of them with no resistance.

If someone doesn't want to own a firearm that's fine with me but don't take everyone's gun just because you don't want one.

Since there were troopers with guns to confront these morons they were the only ones that got killed. That's how it should work but the troopers aren't always around when you need them and sometimes you have to rely upon yourself for protection.

BigBob

Registered Member
Since there were troopers with guns to confront these morons they were the only ones that got killed. That's how it should work but the troopers aren't always around when you need them and sometimes you have to rely upon yourself for protection.
Three of the four that were killed were innocent civilians.

One was a lady inside of a Church hanging Christmas Decorations for a kids Christmas Party, and two were ones that confronted the shooter after that happened.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Thanks I was under the impression they were all involved in the shooting. That's what I was told by someone so I didn't bother to go back to look at the article. Won't do that again.
I was also told the trooper ran his car into him trying to stop him but I know now that isn't true.

Even at church I guess you need to lock the doors. Those kids christmas is now ruined not to mention the family members of the victims. Sounds like this guy just went on a rampage and its a miracle more people weren't killed. Glad the troopers got him and they weren't also killed.

Pennsylvania Shooting Update: Two killed at church, one on roadway

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
There's too many reports that are different.

The real report is that the one was killed at the Church, two that came from their driveway to confront the shooter and that the police did crash into him to stop him.

All of the places outside of the Altoona Area are still speculating, but all of our news have said it was officially one at the Church, two in their driveway (Stepson and Stepdad). The Driveway one was confirmed by a neighbor who seen it.

Last edited: