Pennies...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mist3r_j3sus, Apr 23, 2008.

?

Should the US Government continue to mint pennies?

Poll closed Apr 23, 2009.
  1. Yes, the pennies are pretty!!

50.0%
  2. No, they are annoying and are taking up resources...

50.0%
  1. mist3r_j3sus

mist3r_j3sus Registered Member

Why do they even bother making pennies anymore? No vending machine I have come across uses this coin and almost no one ever wants to trade me pennies for other types of currency. Any one else feeling that the Feds should do away with all pennies?

2. Outlaw403

Outlaw403 Registered Member

I think they keep it around so the FBI can keep track of everybody because like they say, "If you've touched a penny, the FBI knows all about you." Also so people can put them on train tracks or in those turn a penny into a cool design at various rest stops. Otherwise i see no point.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
    Millz likes this.
  3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I heard that they were going to do away with the penny sometime in the near future. I'm not sure if that's true or not..

4. Van

Van Heavy Weapons Guy V.I.P.

I think we should aim for major deflation to fix the problem, cause yeah, they are kind of pointless right now.

5. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

For some reason, James Rolfe's "You Know What's Bullshit" video on pennies springs to mind...

6. starfx6464

starfx6464 Awesome

The problem is that if you get rid of pennies, the nickel would become the "useless" coin. It's the lowest common denominator, it's bound to happen.

7. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

So we can save them and then, in turn, earn them?
    ------
    I voted "no" btw...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  8. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

There's been talk for a while of getting rid of the penny. I'd be all for it. I just collect them in order to change them into dollars down the road.

9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Get rid of pennies, nickels and dimes. We don't need any of them. We'll continue to need quarters for another 15-30 years, but when the time comes, get rid of those, too!

I'm so sick of seeing "Buy this car now for only $19,999.99!!". Just round it up to the nearest dollar and stop this annoying advertising!

10. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Me too, but that's actually an ingenious marketing scheme. Somehow people will be able to afford a $39,999 car and not a $40,000 car.