• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Peeling a hard boiled egg

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know about the rest of you but I hate peeling hard boiled eggs. The fresher they are the more I hate it. Fresh eggs are extremely hard to peel, they need to be about a week old then they become much easier.

Next time I boil eggs I'm going to try peeling it like this guy suggests and see if it works. All he says to do is put it in a cup with about a half inch of water in it and shake then the egg will separate from the shell leaving the egg intact.

?Wow?: This ?Insane? Three-Second Trick Makes It Ridiculously Easy to Peel a Hard-Boiled Egg | Video | TheBlaze.com

Do you have a hard time with peeling hard boiled eggs? Have any tricks? Will you try this?

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm usually good enough to pull the entire shell off in just one or two pieces. Still, this does look like an easier method.

It's amazing to me how one revolutionary idea can make even the simplest of processes better.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I've never really found it hard or even annoying to peel a boiled egg, but I can't wait to try this guys method. That would be awesome if it works. Thanks for sharing.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Its really not that hard if they aren't fresh. I use to sell a few eggs to a couple of my neighbors. I had one call me and ask what was wrong with my eggs. She said she couldn't peel them that hunks of the eggs came off with the shells. I told her they were just laid that day and she would have to wait for about a week for them to peel easy.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
People come up with the most random stuff, honestly. This is so weird. I always wonder how someone happened upon learning this the first time.

This isn't something I would use, since I prefer my yolk soft, and having it on the outside guarantees it to be hard. But I wouldn't mind trying this is a party trick though. :lol:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I tried this today, and it didn't work. I had six eggs that I tried with, and it didn't work once. This might seem crazy, but our eggs aren't the same as in the US. They're more brown. No where near white, at least. I'm thinking that's not the only difference. Maybe the shells are harder here? I don't know. It just didn't work for me.

Has anyone in the US tried this yet on your white shelled eggs?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Are you talking about spinning them until the yolk ends up on the outside?

I've noticed when I had my own chickens the shells were harder. That may be because they were allowed to roam free and graze. They laid brown eggs also and that might make a difference too. It would be difficult to tell by putting a flashlight to them if you spun them long enough. Might have something to do with how fresh they are too, don't know.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
No, I meant the peeling part, not the reverse thing. Five out of the six were double yolked too, which is so unusual. They weren't too fresh. At least a few days or weeks old, since we didn't exactly get them straight from the farm. ;)

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If it didn't work for you I'm sure it won't for me either. I might still try it but I doubt it. I'll probably stick to peeling while hot. They seem to peel good that way as long as they aren't too fresh.

I never get double yoked eggs since I stopped having my own chickens.