• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Peekaboo!

StewedParrot

Registered Member
Just saying hello and introducing myself to the forum. My name is Mat, i am 25 and live in the USA. I enjoy solitude, personal development, observing, and playing the djembé for the feeling it brings. I am interested in the refining process of turning knowledge into gold, or lead (wisdom or ammo). My interests include anything relating to vitality (health, nutrition, psychology). I am also studying photography, graphics & web design. I am interested in creative writing and thinking. I figured it was about time i started participating in a forum with other souls to bounce my thoughts off of and also to hone my writing confidence.

Some of the music i listen to is Animals as Leaders, Tool, Iron & Wine, Cake, Chevelle, Unkle, Moloko, Meshuggah, and Dio to name a few.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Welcome to the forum Matt. I also enjoy playing the djembe, I have several although I think they are out of tune.

Falconer

Registered Member
Welcome, Matt! And thank you for prompting me to find out what in the hell a djembé is. I'd seen them before, but never known the name of the thing.

You sound really interesting, anyhow -- that was a great intro. I look forward to seeing your posts about the place. :D

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hi Mat and welcome to GF. Glad you picked us. I will be looking forward to reading what you have to say. I have to admit I have no idea what a djembe is but I will find out.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Welcome to the site! Very informative intro thread...so good that I don't even have anything to follow up with question wise.

Have fun!

Taliesin

Registered Member
Like Millz, I don't know what the hell else to ask you, Mat. Still, it's great to meet you, and I look forward to seeing more of your musings around these here parts. Enjoy yourself!

StewedParrot

Registered Member
Thank you Millz and Ephemerite!

i am trying to decide on an avatar theme. a parrot or Stewie Griffin from Family Guy? what do you guys think?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Welcome, Matt. Great to have you here at GF. It seems like you're going to be a great new addition to this place which is a good thing.

Regarding your avatar, I would say take a Stewie Griffin avatar, lots of Family Guy fans around here.

StewedParrot

Registered Member
Thanks Babe! do you prefer Babe, Ruth or BR?

i decided on a kid smoking a crayon. i really like this one and think ill photograph something like it soon. it kinda personifies my inner child.