• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pearl Harbor

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

How many people believe that the United States new about the attack on Pearl Harbor, well before it happened. I even believe that FDR knew about it, but just wanted a solid reason to get into the war, and knew that the attack would provoke the people of America to want to fight. If you look at the evidence it is rather odd that none of our carriers were in the harbor at the time, and some were even sent to do other things so they would not be in the harbor. The attack itself was a well planned attack, but it did not really accomplish anything, they sunk a few of our Battleships, etc, but when it boils down to it Carriers are more important then Battleships. Anyway, what are your thoughts on Pearl Harbor, either the event itself, or if it was known to the government before it happened.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Pearl Harbour Bombing was a huge part in the American history. I personnaly think that The United States of America knew about it the whole time. It was a shame that they didn't react faster. But I am pretty sure if the Bombings didn't happen the war would've last longer. United states got involve and they took care of it.

B

barfootboards

If there were no bombings the war would have lasted a hell of alot longer because we would have never of joined in. And yeah they didn't really get the carriers but they still hurt us pretty bad there, considering most of our power was stationed there. If they did manage to nail the carriers then yeah we would have been screwed. I dont really have an opinion on if we knew about it the whole time or not, I was taught we didnt so I'll stick with that. April 10th im going to Hawaii and checking out the Arizona along with many other sites, should be a blast!!

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
War is a very profitable business. And c'mon, we needed to test the bomb to see what it could do. How would we get that kind of backing? Increase hatred towards the Japanese.

P

panik100

Just like 9/11 and JFK, I'm pretty sure we knew about Pearl Harbor before it was happening. We needed a reason to retaliate, and we got it.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

War is very profitable, but can also cost a lot, though World War II did help us get out of the depression we were in.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
War does cost money, especially if you lose the war, like the Germans, also I agree we knew about the 9/11 but no one though it was for real so they jsut let it happen, that was the same thing with Pearl Harbour i think, and now we lost lots of great ships and great people which is ashame.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Pearl Harbor didnt really hinder America that much, considering we recovered rather quickly, and then took the battle to the Japanese.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well you can't say we recovered quickly from losing all are ships because that was a strong point of ours and that's why the Japanese decided to attack Pearl Harbour, because they knew it was our strong point. Also didn't really take the battle to the Japanese they just really destroyed them.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

We did not lose all of our ships, just a few Battleships, and smaller vessels, which really did nothing to affect our fleet. They just tried to cripple our Pacific Fleet, but really did not succeed in doing so. I said took the battle to them, beause we pushed them all the way back to Japan, we destroyed their naval fleet, well the majority of it, and Hiroshima, and Nagasaki. Japan planned to attack us too, when they were signing the treaty, they had a group of Kamikazi's on the way, but the Emperor called them off. Which is a good thing too, otherwise the Soviets and Americans would have invaded, and Japan would be split among them.