• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC games??? DirectX?

Nanner

Registered Member
This may belong in the PC section but wasn't sure which area to post it in. I know what DirectX is but how the heck do I know which one a game is using? PC games are what I mostly play these days but no clue about the who/what or hows of the DirectX. Ahhhh help?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
DirectX is the easiest way to put PC games into Generations. Generally a game would fall under the DX version that it is optimized for. The box would say this, or a quick internet search would probably tell you. We just decided that it was a better way to organize the PC sections instead of just having one big PC board. :)

Albey

Registered Member
Yeah, but thats a bit of an odd way to catigorize it don't ya think? I woulda done it by Developers. What happens if a game doesn't require DX? :)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well there are a LOT of developers and not very many DirectX versions. Categorizing by developer would be a nightmare.

If someone can think of a better way than DirectX then we will look into it, but right now it's the simplest way.

Albey

Registered Member
Alright you win. I just like being a pain in the rear.

I suppose that by dx version would be alright, just might have to check on it before i go to post. :p

Nanner

Registered Member
Lexano said:
Alright you win. I just like being a pain in the rear.

I suppose that by dx version would be alright, just might have to check on it before i go to post. :p

Me too...the pain in the rear part AND the checking on it part. Hmmm another way?

What about RPG, Sports, Action etc etc?

dk_rare

Registered Member
It is a bit odd, yes, but then again it looks just as good as any other option. Of course having to google a game you don't own everytime you want to talk in the pc section could get annoying... but that is what google is for. Of course it is even harder to know where some games, like DOS games, fit in with it... did we even use directX back then?

SamusAran86

Registered Member
personally, I would just use the General Discussion area of the PC section, Just make sure to lable the topics as being a DOS (or any other type) game

It is a little confusing, but unless we can figure out a better way to do it....

compudoc

Registered Member
I think breaking them down by genre would be better:
FPS
RPG
Strategy
Arcade
Action
Adventure
Pointless
Etc.

By DX version in my opinion is simply weired.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Video Games 0
ysabel Movies & TV 2
ysabel Video Games 6
dDave Video Games 6
dDave Video Games 10