• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss PC Gamers?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
So are any of you primarily PC gamers? What are the specs of your rig? I'm currently shopping for one and it looks like I'm going to get an ibuypower.com special build called the Revolt. The one I'm building is an i5 with a GTX 760 2GB, which will basically play everything modern maxed out and will hopefully keep my computer current for a few years.

How about you? Also, any games you prefer?

Once my rig is built, my go to games are going to be:

- Borderlands 2
- Diablo 3
- Call of Duty Black Ops 2/Ghosts
- Skyrim
- Infestation Stories
- Borderlands 2
- Borderlands 2

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
Hmm you like borderlands 2 I guess?

I have 2 GTX 560s, i7, and 8 gigs of ram, all in a massive cooler master case. My running temps are great, though not quite as good as Dave's maybe. 500 gb hdd, 2 monitors

Play some valve games and league of legends

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm just now getting back into Skyrim and I play a lot of Tropico 4 and Civ 5 for the time being. I might pick up a new FPS sometime in the future.

dDave

V.I.P.
My build.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Gigabyte X79 UP4 LGA 2011 Motherboard
Intel i7 3930k (3.2GHz six-core) LGA 2011 Processor
32GB G. Skill Ares series @1866mhz (in quad-channel)
180GB Intel 520 SSD
500GB Extra HDD
800w Corsair Gaming PSU
Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition Case
Triple ASUS 24" HD Displays
ASUS AMD Matrix 7970 GHz 3GB 384-bit graphics card
Logitech 5.1 Surround
^This thing easily handles any game I throw at it (though I did have to get the graphics card repaired under warranty recently).

I sort of go in and out of making the PC my main gaming station. I have lots of steam games that I like to play as well as a few others.

I have ever game ever made by Valve and I recently played through the entire Mass Effect Trilogy on PC. What I need to do is get around to finishing Tomb Raider soon, it is a lot of fun.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
My build.

^This thing easily handles any game I throw at it (though I did have to get the graphics card repaired under warranty recently).

I sort of go in and out of making the PC my main gaming station. I have lots of steam games that I like to play as well as a few others.

I have ever game ever made by Valve and I recently played through the entire Mass Effect Trilogy on PC. What I need to do is get around to finishing Tomb Raider soon, it is a lot of fun.
I'm curious as to why you have 32 gigs of RAM. Are you running a server off your computer or something? It just seems so needless.

I'm running 16 gigs and I've never encountered or ran so many programs at once that my computer couldn't handle it random access memory wise.

dDave

V.I.P.
I'm curious as to why you have 32 gigs of RAM. Are you running a server off your computer or something? It just seems so needless.

I'm running 16 gigs and I've never encountered or ran so many programs at once that my computer couldn't handle it random access memory wise.
I've actually used up to 20. Sometimes I multitask to an extreme degree.

I was originally going for 16 when I was piecing together the build. There was an incredible deal on the 32 vs the 16 though. I figured future proofing my machine and running quad channel was worth it.

I'm pretty satisfied with it. :)

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
You'd have to be running A LOT of shit to use up 20. What do you multitask, Dave?

dDave

V.I.P.
You'd have to be running A LOT of shit to use up 20. What do you multitask, Dave?
I've occasionally offered my PC power up to help with rendering 3D images for Mirage. That will take up all of your resources if you don't set it up correctly.

From what I remember, these are the programs I had open when I was using about 20.

-iTunes
-Chrome (with probably 50-60 tabs)
-Steam
-Tomb Raider (running ultra)
-Kerbal Space Program (running ultra)

Kerbal Space Program is a fully open 3D environment game, the engine would not appear to be designed well because it does seem to take up way more resources than it should.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I just got a gaming laptop. It runs a little hot when I play games, so I'm holding off until I can get a cooling pad.

But this is what I've got.

i7 processor
15.6" FHD LED Glossy Wedge 1920x1080
NVIDIA GeForce GT750M GDDR5 2GB
8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
1TB 5400 RPM+24GB SSD

lauren said I could play skyrim at max settings. haven't tried it out yet.

dDave

V.I.P.
Hime, because of the way the Skyrim engine is designed I definitely agree with the notion that you can play Skyrim at ultra.

Which i7 do you have? There are tons of different generations and speeds.

You may experience slow loading speeds with 5400 RPMs but it should be great once it's loaded.

Last edited: