PB&J

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Iris, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

It is so good that it deserves a thread of its own.

I am eating the goober mix, where it has both the jelly and peanut butter in the same jar and it's like an orgasm in my mouth.

What flavor of jelly do you guys prefer? Strawberry ftw

RJ-Cool likes this.

2. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I hate the combination, I have had it a few times in my life and it never gets any better.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree, the combination isn't good at all. Peanut Butter shouldn't be mixed with anything else, it's amazing by itself and shouldn't be messed around with. Peanut Butter Sandwiches are so much better.

Xeilo likes this.
  4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Something I have never tried and never plan to try. Beurk. Weird Americans and their weird foods.

5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Bliss just what in the holy hell do you eat?

I like PB & J. I prefer strawberry jam with creamy peanut butter on whole wheat bread (Brownberry 12 grain ftw)

6. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

What!?!

Well, the goober mix as mentioned is actually not a favourite of mine. For me it defeats the whole wax on & off effect, the same applies to 2-in-1 shampoo. Not a winning combination.

I can't agree with this one bit! Peanut butter goes good with just about everything. From cookies (I mean a LOT of different cookies) to spicy peanut wraps, meatballs, salads. Wow. Yeah. PB rocks.

Even with sandwiches, you never tried tossing in an M&M or mashing up potato chips and eating it? Sprinkling a little cinnamon or even some butter? Ch-yeah. Nomcity. Of course it still tastes great solo.

To be more back on topic, I don't often eat jelly with PB because I prefer jelly on my english muffins or pancakes.

Jeanie likes this.
  7. Danno

Danno Registered Member

Now as a Brit I don't quite understand. When American's say Jelly, do they mean Jam or is it actually Jelly?

8. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

I love PB & J! It doesn't matter what the combination is...........I just love it!

9. Puck

Puck Registered Member

I really don't like that pre-mixed stuff. I'd much rather have my Smuckers strawberry jam mixed with crunchy PB.
    Although, PB and brown sugar on toast or PB on bagels is even better than PB&J.

I really love PB, especially with chocolate. It's the perfect combination of salty and sweet.

10. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

Same thing. We just call it jelly. It's all fruit reserves.

Also, it doesn't just stop at cookies and wraps. PB has made a wonderful place in bars too. Like PB&Jelly bars, SCOTCHAROOS, and yeah. Many others.

Reese's cups, PB holiday kisses, it's all tasty. Man, I miss working at a bakery!!!