Payton Could Join Golden State?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Oakland Tribune -
    Gary Payton, unsigned for 2007-08 after playing last season with the Miami Heat , will make a decision about his future within the next week, his agent said Friday.

One option he might consider would be to try to play an 18th and final NBA season with the hometown Golden State Warriors .

Aaron Goodwin said Payton is training to stay in shape, but he has not settled on which direction to take his career.

"He's deciding if he's going to take another crack at playing one more season, or maybe go to Seattle and work in some sort of management position, or go into TV color commentary," Goodwin said.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/47987/20070910/payton_could_join_golden_state/

2. patkick

patkick #21

Golden State has no place for Payton due to its run and gun offense. Payton wouldn't keep up with the pace.

3. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Agreed. Payton fits much better in the Heat's half court offense, going to Golden he'd problably get winded too easily and be less effective.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Yes the Warriors are a run and gun type of team, but The Glove can be a point guard that comes of the bench and gives you around 15 minutes a game. He has tons of experince so he would help all the young studs on that team. I believe he can help this team in a lot of different ways. Yes he's the same Glove has he once was, but he's been around enough.

Side Note: He also would like to play for Golden State because it's his hometown.

5. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

IMO he should hang it up, but I beleive that before he retires he'd like to play for his hometown of Oakland. He still thinks he can help a team and why not help and up and coming team like the Golden State Warriors. If 'he's not asking for too much if I was the General Manager for the Warriors i'd sign him to a one year contract. He could bring you some valuable experience to a very young team.

6. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Payton as a commentator? Hell no.:no:

7. Zanthrax54

Zanthrax54 Guest

YUP, TOTALLY...

Payton doesn't have a place on ANY TEAM IN THE NBA ANYMORE...

Poor guy...JUST RETIRE!