• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Paypal scams

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi all.

I get 2 to 3 of these a week. So I thought I would start this thread to keep you all informed of the newest paypal scams.

Now instead of sending you nonpayment emails they send you payment emails as if you sold something and need to collect your money.
Here is an example of one I got today:

Dear PayPal Member, ((Should be your real name))

This email confirms that you have sent an eBay payment of $47.85 USD to
harri*****@aol.com for an eBay item.

-----------------------------------
Payment Details

Amount: $47.85 USD

Transaction ID: 2LC956793J776333Y (no such ID)

Subject: Digimax 130

Note:
If you haven't authorized this charge ,click the link below to dispute transaction
and get full refund

Dispute transaction (Encrypted Link )

*SSL connection:
PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information
in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure
Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length
of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available)

Item Information

eBay User ID: scratch******** (left out to comply with site rules)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Edward ********* UNCONFIRMED Address

Edward *******211 ***** ***
******town, TX *****
United States

Important Note: Edward *******has provided an Unconfirmed Address. If
you are planning on shipping items to Edward Harrell, please check the
Transaction Details page of this payment to find out whether you will
be covered by the PayPal Seller Protection Policy.

This payment was sent using your bank account.

By using your bank account to send money, you just:

- Paid easily and securely

- Sent money faster than writing and mailing paper checks
- Paid instantly -- your purchase won't show up on bills at the end of
the month.

Thanks for using your bank account!

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
PayPal Email ID PP118

See Looks Official..But it's not!
Now what to do.

1.) First go and check your account to see if you have any charges or sales you did allow or make.

2.) Then double check you paypal to see if there is anything on it you didn't allow.

3.) If there isn't anything there, then you know this email is a scam! Do not reply to email and Do Not delete!
Send it to [email protected].
Let them check it out.

Please post your bogus(spoof paypal and ebay) emails here. Just don't post the names, account numbers and email addresses of suspected spoofers.

((You can star out part of their names and addresses to show the email))

The more of these bogus emails we post the less ebayers will fall victim to these kinds of scams.

Till next time os scam................

Here is ebays reply:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us about email solicitations that are falsely
made to appear to have come from PayPal. The email you reported did not
originate from PayPal or eBay.

Once again, thank you for alerting us to the spoof email you received.
Your vigilance helps us ensure that PayPal and eBay remain safe and
secure.

Regards,

eBay SafeHarbor
Investigations Team

Last edited:

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Here is a new on for you all to see

Dear Paypal Member, ((should always be your name))

This email confirms that you have paid ResearchAnyone.com $19.95 USD using Paypal.
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *RESEARCHANY".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Payment Details

Transaction ID: 20433666FG486722N
Total: $19.95 USD
Item/Product Name: Comprehensive Expert Detective Informational Software
Item/Product Number: 922-116
Buyer: Nancy L Cornell

Business Information

Business: ResearchAnyone.com
Contact E-Mail: [email protected]

Receipt Number: 0010-8715-4422-2518

Note:

If you haven't authorized this charge ,click the link below to dispute transaction
and get full refund

Dispute transaction (Encrypted Link ) ((Pay pal will never have you click on a link from your email))*SSL connection:

Paypal automatically encrypts your confidential information

Keep your Receipt Number (shown above) for future reference. You will need to refer to this number if you need customer service from ResearchAnyone.com or from Paypal.

If you have questions about your purchase, such as shipping and tracking, we encourage you to contact the seller, ResearchAnyone.com at [email protected].

If you have been unable to resolve your questions with the merchant, PayPal offers a free buyer complaint resolution service that offers a quick, easy resolution to your concerns. It covers physical goods purchases made through PayPal, and is offered at no charge when you register for a free PayPal account. To sign up for an account, click on the 'Save My Info' link above.

The PayPal Team

Please do not reply to this email. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.

PayPal Email ID PP344

Now this might look like the real deal but it is not..If you click on the link they send you have just given them everything they need to steal your account and any money you have in it, and even access to your bank account from pay pal.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The ones I get are those asking to change my personal information. I never click on it. I just go to the website directly to see if prompts me or not. I heard they can make links that will lead you to fake paypal sites to get your info.

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
I always reply back to these scammers with a nice email that usually reads like this.

Dear (whoevers name is on email)

Thanks for the email, now if you would please get aids and die I would be even happier. By the way I think you are some of the biggest pieces of fucking shit on the planet, if I ever see you in public I will punch you in the face. And one last thing when you do get aids please do not sleep with your wife as I do not wish to contract it from her.

Fuck you very much,
Angry emailer

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
yas they have several of the fake link sites..You will never receive any links or downloads in an official paypal email. Ever...

King you should also report it to spoofpaypal.com..The only way to fight the fakes, and scammers is to report it.

Here is another example of the new Fake emails..

Dear PayPal Member, ***(Should always be your Pay Pal Account Name)****
This email confirms that you have paid ResearchAnyone.com $19.95 USD using PayPal.
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *RESEARCHANY".

Payment Details

Transaction ID: 20433666FG486722N
Total: $19.95 USD
Item/Product Name: Comprehensive Expert Detective Informational Software
Item/Product Number: 922-116
Buyer: Nancy L Cornell

Business Information

Business: ResearchAnyone.com
Contact E-Mail: [email protected]

Receipt Number: 0010-8715-4422-2518

Note:

and get full refund

Dispute transaction (Encrypted Link )***THEY WILL NEVER SEND YOU A LINK***
*SSL connection:
PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information

Keep your Receipt Number (shown above) for future reference. You will need to refer to this number if you need customer service from ResearchAnyone.com or from PayPal.

If you have questions about your purchase, such as shipping and tracking, we encourage you to contact the seller, ResearchAnyone.com at [email protected].

If you have been unable to resolve your questions with the merchant, PayPal offers a free buyer complaint resolution service that offers a quick, easy resolution to your concerns. It covers physical goods purchases made through PayPal, and is offered at no charge when you register for a free PayPal account. To sign up for an account, click on the 'Save My Info' link above.

The PayPal Team

Please do not reply to this email. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.

PayPal Email ID PP344

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

They make them look so real don't they..

If you get one of these go to Pay Pay and log in there directly and check your account and see if you have any alerts or disputes, Never, never, never I mean Never click the link you get in your email!
------

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

I got a reply from the company who supposedly sent me the pay pal dispute, here is what they wrote back to my email about the Bogus Pay Pal dispute.

you have received an email stating that our website has charged you $19.95 via Paypal, please ignore this and DO NOT click on any links inside the email. This is a phishing email. You were not charged anything from us. This email did not come from us. Please forward the email you received to [email protected] immediately. We are working with them to track the individuals involved. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Regards, ResearchAnyone.com Team

They are the first ones to ever reply to my emails and that says alot about them.
If you get any Bogus Pay Pal emails be sure to post them here and report them to [email protected] and also report them to your internet mail provider as a phishing scam.

Last edited:

jhnova

help!

Sorry dudes, i guess i'm pretty stupid, but i fell for that whole pay pal thing with research anyone. My question is that if any of you would be able to go to that e-mail and see what valuable information of mine that i had to type in is? Some of you said you still get that e-mail; i need to know what i gave them. If it's just my credit card number and stuff, that's okay, because i got all of that blocked up. I havn't had anything stolen yet, that i know of. I need to know if i typed in my SSN or bank account! Any help would be awesome! Thanks guys.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi.

You need to contact pay pal immediately!

The only way to see what they got is through pay pal.
If they did access your account then you need to file a I.T claim with your local PD as well as report it to your local bank and any credit cards that were attached to the paypal account as well as contacting the social security administration and letting them know that your identity has been stolen.

If you get anymore of those emails send them to [email protected].

DO NOT Click Any Links in a paypal email! (because paypal will never send you a link in any of their emails)

Let us know how this turns out.