• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Paypal Scam

Dragon

V.I.P.
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about a paypal email I just got. I just check my paypal account to make sure this wasn't true. I will be sending this email to paypal.

Dear PayPal valued customer,

Your PayPal account balance recently became negative. Negative balances
are contrary to PayPal's User Agreement. Please add funds to your
PayPal account as soon as possible to bring your balance to zero or any
positive amount.
Failure to update your balance will result in account termination.
Please update your records in maximum 24 hours. Once you have updated
your account records, your PayPal session will not be interrupted
and will continue as normal.

Please log in to your PayPal account and add funds :

(There was a link right here but deleted it because I don't want anyone else to click on it and get scammed)

We appreciate your cooperation, and we value you as a customer. We
would like the negative
balance to be resolved as soon as possible so we can continue to
provide you with PayPal's online payment solutions.

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and
you will not receive a
response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the
Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.
----------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright © 1999-2005 PayPal, Inc.
ARBN 111 900 906, AFSL 283443
All rights reserved.
PayPal Email ID PP094

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I've got that one. Also got the email that looks identical to a ask-a-seller email. Its got the little respond to buyer button on it where the phisher hopes you hit it. I've got the ebay one that says your credit card has expired, please update your records. When you click on it, it takes you to an ebay log in screen. I came this close --||-- to falling for that one. I wasn't thinking, clicked the link, doulbe clicked in the box expecting my browser to fill in the info, when it didn't I came to my senses and got off the page. Even the most alert ebayers can become victumes(sp? ..tomes??) of Phishing.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
At work we get about 10 to 20 of those emails a day. Always check the link because you can usually tell it is from eBay or not that way.

photoghog

That is so sad... One of the biggest reasons I'm terrified to use the service too. I can't trust it, and I can't trust myself not to screw it all accidentally messing with one of those emails!