Paypal revises user agreement

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by karenlyn, Oct 5, 2006.

1. karenlyn

karenlyn Registered Member

Hey, check out this article I found about Paypal. Apparently, they had enough complaints about how they resolve disputes that they're making some changes:

PayPal Settles With Attorneys General

2. palefrost

palefrost Registered Member

Ok, So basically they are just making the agreement terms more visable to both parties involved? Did i read that right?

3. mamab

mamab Registered Member

It's good that they're amending their policies, but being a cynic here, there are people who will try to work around those policies.

4. Plumley

Plumley Registered Member

I've only ever had one problem with a seller who took PayPal and it was fixed a couple of hours after I complained to PayPal. I never knew if it was coincidence or PayPal's doing. I don't know that making information easier to read is such a big deal but every little bit helps.

5. hokeshel

hokeshel Registered Member

At least they are addressing it, I don't know how much difference it will make though. I have never had a problem but, I am sure something will pop up sometime.

6. karenlyn

karenlyn Registered Member

It doesn't seem like such a big deal to me, either, but apparently it was a big deal for rather a lot of people. Funny, huh? I guess what's clear to some people is hazy to others. Anyway, I agree that anything to clarify their policies is a good thing.

7. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I lost $500 in PayPal once to a scammer on eBay, so this will be a nice change for the future.

8. palefrost

palefrost Registered Member

Really? Paypal couldnt do anything to recover the money? They have always been able to help me when i have a bad auction experiance.

9. kknight0506

kknight0506 Registered Member

would they really abide by their new rules and regulations? thats the question to ask.

10. katharina

katharina Registered Member

Yes, this is pretty much a given, unfortunately. I've been seeing that more and more lately all over the net. As soon as something is working well and people like it, soon enough troublemakers will come around to ruin it for everyone.