Paypal question

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I use eBay on occasion to buy things I otherwise can't find. Long story short someone got a hold of my debit (credit) card number and attempted to charge $2300, $1800 and $1300 and the bank luckily stopped it and canceled my card before anything went thru. I want to close my current PayPal account (I think it may have something to do with that) and open a new account with my new card number.

I also want to change those settings in eBay.

How do I go about doing that?

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
You should be able to remove the old card number in paypal and just put in your new card number as a primary. If you close that paypal account, it won't let you use that email address and you will have to create a new one because it happend to me.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
You should be able to remove the old card number in paypal and just put in your new card number as a primary. If you close that paypal account, it won't let you use that email address and you will have to create a new one because it happend to me.
Part of the problem is, I created that pay-pal account like 8 years ago. I forgot my security question and answer. It still has my old email address that got flooded with spam and I haven't used in years... I can't update it because I don't remember my security question and answer...

I basically just want to close it and make a new one all with current info I will remember.

To close your Paypal account (and also to open a new one): https://www.paypal.com/helpscr?cmd=...lutionTab&ps=solutionPanels&solutionId=163078

If you decide to close your PayPal account, you should withdraw any funds in your PayPal balance and then follow these steps:
  1. Log in to your account at www.paypal.co.uk
  2. Click 'Profile' at the top of the page
  3. Click the 'Close Account' link located under 'Account Information' and follow the instructions
We may ask you to confirm ownership of the account before it is closed.
------------------------

To change your Paypal details on ebay:
Linking your PayPal and ebay accounts
[ahh sorry - this link screwed up, Google it]

Following those steps in the yellow box, you will find yourself at a point where you can click 'remove link' next to your current Paypal account (under the Account tab). Here's what mine reads:

What else can you do?

Your eBay account is linked with your PayPal account: [email protected] Remove link.
Then just follow the steps to link your new PayPal acc.

EDIT: Hold up, is the problem that you can't close your PayPal cause you can't verify who you are (as in you've forgotten your details)?
If so, theeeeeeen, I dunno. :/

Last edited:

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
My wife is good for things now and then... she showed me our bank account number. I was looking at something totally different. I was able to close it out and start fresh.

Thanks for all the help regardless...

I knew I kept her around for something :lol: