• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Paying off student loans

Zenheizer

needs practice
So I have to pay off my student loans really soon.

I have a moderate amount, but it still makes me really sad. Anyway...

I have saved a lot of money since graduating undergrad 3 years ago, and I was thinking of applying it toward my graduate student loans. I was thinking putting a one time $6K toward it, although I could afford $10k max. It would save the interest I pay over the lifetime of the loan - but it will significantly reduce the savings I've saved so long and hard....they won't be there if I ever need it by chance.

Any advice or experience in repaying student loans?

Last edited:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Any advice or experience in repaying student loans?
I have no money available to me and I believe that I'm going to condense my $35k in loans into one and get on the el cheapo repayment plan. I'll pay around $50 a month for 25 years and the loan will be repaid. If I repay it before then I won't have to worry about it being on my credit.