• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Paying Off Balance Monthly

mamab

Registered Member
We paid off all our debt last year, and boy was it a weight off our shoulders! Now, we don't keep a credit card. It's too tempting for us. We're using a debit card, that way we know we won't buy what we can't pay for. If it's not in the account, we don't get it. Period. End of discussion. Possibly some time in the future we might re-apply for one, but not right now.

katharina

Registered Member
We paid off all our debt last year, and boy was it a weight off our shoulders! Now, we don't keep a credit card. It's too tempting for us. We're using a debit card, that way we know we won't buy what we can't pay for. If it's not in the account, we don't get it. Period. End of discussion. Possibly some time in the future we might re-apply for one, but not right now.
I know what a great feeling that is! After I did the same with the debt, I kept a card but only for those auto payments that save me from writing out checks each month. I always pay off the balance, too.

echos

Good for you, I once had so much debt, and always paid the minimum. I could see I was going nowhere fast. I came into a small amount of money, < Thankx Granny> , so I paid them all off and low and behold I started charging again. So now I am in debt releif again and making progress, so don`t fall twice like me, Good Luck on your progress.Echos

katharina

Registered Member
Good for you, I once had so much debt, and always paid the minimum. I could see I was going nowhere fast. I came into a small amount of money, < Thankx Granny> , so I paid them all off and low and behold I started charging again. So now I am in debt releif again and making progress, so don`t fall twice like me, Good Luck on your progress.Echos
It was that way for me years ago, the first time. When it was all paid off, I
was so scared of it happening again that the fear kept me from doing any
more charging. I can't really see it happening again, so that's a good feeling.