Paying in change

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Have you ever gone to the store and pay in change? im not talking about 75 cents but more than $5.

I bought some coin wrappers and started to put my change in them. So far I got about $14 in change wrapped up. I hardly use changes at all but once in awhile I would use it at my local convient store to buy drinks and lotto tickets. The clerk doesn't mind at all cause he said he can use the change. I have got it wrapped now so that should make him happy. Before I had it all loose and would count it in front of him. The coins are all in U.S too. :)

Last edited:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think the most I have ever paid in change was around $10 when I was younger. I had saved up a lot of change and I bought a toy Godzilla head that opened up to reveal some landscape in which Godzilla and Mecha-Godzilla could duke it out. Needless to say, it was simply amazing in every way. :lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I pay in change a lot of times, I go to bars often and pay with paper money and I always get a tons change so I have to use it somehow. But you also got to remember, here in Canada we have 1$ coins andd 2$ coins, so we get more change then Americans.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I always pay for stuff in coins, those $1 and $2 add up. I think the most i've paid in small change (5c, 10c and 20c) would be about $10 and I got the filthiest look from the cashier. I used to get annoyed when people paid in change though, having to count it all to check it was the right amount. In saying that it was always cute when little kids did it and were proud they had saved up the money themselves.

BigBob

Registered Member
Well.. there was this one time..

Me and my buddy order a pizza, and once we ordered it, we realized we didn't have enough money for everything.. the total was $25. We had $5 in bills... and.. dug together $20 worth of quarters. On desks, under the couch, anywhere we could find them. Paid in two baggies, each with 12.50 in them

Sigurd

Internet Dig Dug
I only pay in change for anything that is typically less than five dollars.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think it's hilarious. I used to pay for gas with $20 worth of quarters and dimes. The cashier got a huge kick out of it.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I never have... LOL. I typically use my debit card, but would rather go without if I possibly could then go through the hassle and embarrassment of paying with change. If it came down to where I really HAD to pay with change I would..

I have, however, taken my change to a coinstar and had it counted and turned into bills.. Same concept just easier than going up to the counter and counting out 10 dollars in pennies.

JessEpiphany

Registered Member
No, not really.
I take my nickels to work and trade them for quarters. I need the nickels in my cash box at work and tend to run out of them often. And exchanging them for quarters gives me change to use at the soda machine in the teacher's lounge. lol

Other than that, I just save my change in a jar until it is full. Take it to the bank and deposit the contents to my checking account.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
The final count was $23.00 in change. When I get change from a store and go to another store, I don't use the change. It stays in my pocket and when I get home, I empty my pockets and put the change in my change drawer.